Alan Smith's Contract.

Crumpy Gunt

Was gonna start this thread about a month ago, i heard there was a rumour going round in the north east that Big Sam did infact give him a contract saying if fit he plays. I thought it was ridiculous but fuck somehow he keeps getting appearences, im still not convinced but wouldnt be suprised if true.

Definitely a possibility. Considering that the only reason he left Man U was because he felt he wasn't playing enough. He would have certainly made a big deal about playing as much as possible at his new club. It would certainly make a lot of sense. Why leave Man U's bench to sit on Newcastle's right?

Allardyce is a freakin' twat.

Guest Micktoon

You do have to wonder.

I'm sure having Smith on the back of the owner's shirt doesn't help.

I think this may be closer to the truth.

I bet he looks like he's in great form in training though, closing people down, working hard, getting the odd blasted goal. Might be enough to convince managers he is just about to come good?

Yeah but how many times does he have to be rubbish on the field before managers realise? :(

no such clause, of course.. it's just his reputation and status in the game.. i wouldn't be surprised if Smith himself thinks he's a fan favorite because of his attitude and faggy hairstyle..

we've had managers who are afraid to drop experienced 'high profile' players.. but in my humble opinion it's mainly because of those people why we struggle. .. i think it's vital that Keegan has the guts to drop and hopefully sell Smith, Butt, Barton, Duff, Carr, Geremi and Emre.. and replace them with more motivated individuals, because with all them in the first team expecting to start games next season, we'll never be more than mediocre.

interesting group on facebook.....one of youse?  :lol:

`Haters of that useless little piece of s*** called Alan Smith Unite`

A group dedicated purely to the hatred of Alan Smith. That peroxide prick who calls himself a footballer. He embodies everything that is wrong with this country. He is someone who infects and taints the football of every club he has ever been at. If aids was a human being then this is what it would look like.

Below are his list of failings:

-no skill

-no brain

-no vision

-no pace

-no creativity

-stupid haircut

-face like a cunt

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8055734538

The chairman wears a jersey with his name on the back, the chairman likes him, thus he must start every game..why is that so hard to understand.

No way would KK agree to that man. Bollocks about the contract too btw. Crumpy was taking the piss.

no such clause, of course.. it's just his reputation and status in the game.. i wouldn't be surprised if Smith himself thinks he's a fan favorite because of his attitude and faggy hairstyle..

we've had managers who are afraid to drop experienced 'high profile' players.. but in my humble opinion it's mainly because of those people why we struggle. .. i think it's vital that Keegan has the guts to drop and hopefully sell Smith, Butt, Barton, Duff, Carr, Geremi and Emre.. and replace them with more motivated individuals, because with all them in the first team expecting to start games next season, we'll never be more than mediocre.

Hopefully he'll be getting dropped this week. Let's see if KK's still got it.

Guest battyleespeed

More likely explanation is that we simply don't have anything better. So out of the current squad who would you play for full match in place of Smith?

Viduka isn't fit and even when relatively fit he can't play effectively for 90min. Martins is struggling with niggling injuries etc.

Ameobi?

More likely explanation is that we simply don't have anything better. So out of the current squad who would you play for full match in place of Smith?

Viduka isn't fit and even when relatively fit he can't play effectively for 90min. Martins is struggling with niggling injuries etc.

Ameobi?

Carroll.

The reason Smith has played is simple, we've had no good striker to play in his place.  Martins has been away and Viduka is a lazy fuckwit.  We could have played Carroll or Ameobi yes, but neither of them are an obvious choice.