Newcastle vs Blackburn - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Guest LucaAltieri
As for N'Zogbia being dropped for non-footballing reasons, perhaps he's just been dropped because he was shambolic at left back last game? Just a thought. Ah well, fingers crossed. Desperately need a win today, desperately.

Well it's all speculation at the moment, isn't it? Your explanation seems more logical to me... if N'Zogbia didn't want to be here and is looking to move on then that's still no reason not to play him. He can't move anywhere until the end of the season. He won't attract any potential bidders by sitting on the bench, either. Doesn't add up. More likely footballing reasons for him being left out.

Guest Christbane

Bench anyone?

Foster

Carroll

Zoggy

Martins

Cacapa

Right, sub Smith, Butt and Barton off get Oba, Zoggy and Cacapa on!

There's still time Kev!

:tickedoff:

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Maybe there is a clause in Smith's contract that he must start every game if fit, and Keegan is starting him because of that - But then he'll take him off immediately after kickoff and put Martins on. :D

I think it's more likely that Alan Smith has some photos of KK wearing women's clothing...

I cannot otherwise understand how KK justifies this decision to himself.

NUFC: Steve Harper, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Abdoulaye Faye, Steven Taylor, James Milner, Damien Duff, Nicky Butt, Joey Barton, Michael Owen ©, Alan Smith

Subs: Fraser Forster, Andy Carroll, Oba Martins, Claudio Cacapa, Charles N'Zogbia

BRFC: Brad Friedel, Andre Ooijer, Stephen Warnock, Christopher Samba, Brett Emerton, Roque Santa Cruz, Benni McCarthy, David Bentley, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Zurab Khizanishvili, Steven Reid

Subs: Jason Brown, Tugay, Aaron Mokoena, Matt Derbyshire, Jason Roberts

wheres geremi?

That team sheet has actually ruined most peoples weekend

Should we have honestly expected anything different though?

I know I didn't.

I hoped it would be, but I just couldn't see Keegan dropping Smith, Barton or Butt.

No matter how shit they play, they seem to have a golden ticket.

Well can i be the first to cheer on our only hopes of the day

COME ON

Man City

Derby

Boro

Spurs

Man Utd

and Liverpool tomorrow

What is the matter with you? Really? We all know we're not good, you don't have to make 8 posts a minute saying so. Go for a lie down and wake up at quarter to 5 if you're not going to support the team

COME ON

Man City

Derby

Boro

Spurs

Man Utd

and Liverpool tomorrow

What is the matter with you? Really? We all know we're not good, you don't have to make 8 posts a minute saying so. Go for a lie down and wake up at quarter to 5 if you're not going to support the team

Shut up

Geremi is the only sensible alternative to Butt and Barton, but I'm not sure Keegan sees him as a CM.

Martins has been out for quite a while makes sense to play him from the bench.

N'Zogbia has played like a poor man's Kieron Dyer for the past two seasons.

Guest LucaAltieri

COME ON

Man City

Derby

Boro

Spurs

Man Utd

and Liverpool tomorrow

Shut up

Can't fault that logic...

...seriously mate, give it a rest. You're adding nothing of value. I'd mute you if I could.

COME ON

Man City

Derby

Boro

Spurs

Man Utd

and Liverpool tomorrow

Shut up

I will happily take one for the good of the forum and agree to not post if you do the same. Deal?

How slow is our team?

The good thing is that  it appears as though both Khizanishvili and Ooijer will both be in their defence so there is hope.

Also this bunch of players we have out have played a run of games together now and so should be better than they have been recently.

However, it pains me to see Zoggy and Martins on the bench. Hopefully, if we do need to bring them on at some point we do so early enough i.e. at around the 65th minute.

Fuking hell!  :rant:

These are the players that have been present at most of our rapings this season. Butt, Smith and Barton have shown absolutely no reason why they should merit inclusion in such an important game So fuking disappointed!

Does anyone else think KK is holding on to the notion that Smith and Butt are 'winners' - he mentioned a couple of times when he first arrived that they were former champions and knew what it was like to win.

i just hope we can tire them out enough for the subs to make an impact early in the 2nd half. maybe even get a goal or two from set-pieces. surely smith can finally break his duck today!?!?

in defence, Bentley and Santa Cruz scare me, but i think it is probably the right decision to stick with Taylor against this physical duo rather than bring in Cacapa. Also wise to finally draft in Enrique who i suppose will be marking Bentley.

How slow is our team?

The good thing is that  it appears as though both Khizanishvili and Ooijer will both be in their defence so there is hope.

Also this bunch of players we have out have played a run of games together now and so should be better than they have been recently.

However, it pains me to see Zoggy and Martins on the bench. Hopefully, if we do need to bring them on at some point we do so early enough i.e. at around the 65th minute.

Agree. What ever we think about the team. Continuity has to have some kind of positive effect

is peoples only annoyance that nzog hasnt started in midfield?

did we realy expect oba to start today?? it would have been nice but was always unlikely.

peopleneed to stop monaing about the line up and get behind the lads