Newcastle vs Blackburn - Pre Match Thread

Decky

is peoples only annoyance that nzog hasnt started in midfield?

did we realy expect oba to start today?? it would have been nice but was always unlikely.

peopleneed to stop monaing about the line up and get behind the lads

:thup: Come on Toon, 3-1  :indi:

Not much pace anywhere in the midfield or attack. Hopefully we'll get to 0-0 with 15 minutes to go, and win it using Martins and Zoggy as impact subs.

Dropping Zoggy was never going to be popular, but is he a better left back than Enrique, or a better left winger than Duff? I'd say no to both.

did we realy expect oba to start today?? it would have been nice but was always unlikely.

I'm not annoyed with the fact that Zoggy isn't in midfield. He hasn't been great over the past few weeks and, as someone else mentioned, there may be non-footballing reasons for his being dropped. I'm just incredibly frustrated that Barton and Butt start together with Smith up front.

I accept that at least one/two of those has to play owing to the shortage in numbers. On current form I would say Barton has been the worst of the three, but I'm frustrated beyond words that, no matter how much they underperform they continue to warrant selection. KK could be bold and go for Carroll who has looked bright, or Kazenga Lua Lua, moving Milner into the centre but instead it seems to be a case of same shit different day.

I'm not annoyed with the fact that Zoggy isn't in midfield. He hasn't been great over the past few weeks and, as someone else mentioned, there may be non-footballing reasons for his being dropped. I'm just incredibly frustrated that Barton and Butt start together with Smith up front.

I accept that at least one/two of those has to play owing to the shortage in numbers. On current form I would say Barton has been the worst of the three, but I'm frustrated beyond words that, no matter how much they underperform they continue to warrant selection. KK could be bold and go for Carroll who has looked bright, or Kazenga Lua Lua, moving Milner into the centre but instead it seems to be a case of same shit different day.

Not really the right environment to be starting youngsters in.

I accept that at least one/two of those has to play owing to the shortage in numbers. On current form I would say Barton has been the worst of the three, but I'm frustrated beyond words that, no matter how much they underperform they continue to warrant selection. KK could be bold and go for Carroll who has looked bright, or Kazenga Lua Lua, moving Milner into the centre but instead it seems to be a case of same s*** different day.

They may make the difference though, surely starting Carroll would provide scope for more options up top rather than Smith

I accept that at least one/two of those has to play owing to the shortage in numbers. On current form I would say Barton has been the worst of the three, but I'm frustrated beyond words that, no matter how much they underperform they continue to warrant selection. KK could be bold and go for Carroll who has looked bright, or Kazenga Lua Lua, moving Milner into the centre but instead it seems to be a case of same s*** different day.

They may make the difference though, surely starting Carroll would provide scope for more options up top rather than Smith

The club have a responsibility to look after and develop young players.

Starting Carroll would just destroy his confidence if things went wrong.

Guest LucaAltieri

Once we're safe I'd be starting LuaLua and Carrol as often as possible... but not this week. Too much of a gamble.

Let me just say I've got a bad feeling about this game.

There, now that's out of the way.

If you're feeling something contrary to what you've been feeling for the past three months, then we might win this one.