Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

If we're looking at Remy, HBA & Cisse with Gouffran as cover, I'd take Darren Bent to make that 5, and go back in January or even the summer for Gomis.

I think if any posters here had watched this guy for 5 consecutive games last season they would have marvelled at the fact we bid £8m for him.

There really are better players about.

Do agree and i do think we overpaid( or were willing to do so) but i still think he's someone who would have been a good player for us.

None the less as i have said before i'm very apathetic about the whole striker situation since we signed Remy, would much rather have a winger in instead of a striker tbh.

Aulas clearly has s*** on his face now. c***.

Some how I don't think he's that bothered lol. Comes across as one of those types who cut their own nose off to spite their face.

I think he's embarrassed and was trying to cover his arse -

""The most logical solution would be for us to all return to a little humility in relation to what was said, and hope that he may extend by a year."

Some how I don't think he's that bothered lol. Comes across as one of those types who cut their own nose off to spite their face.

""The most logical solution would be for us to all return to a little humility in relation to what was said, and hope that he may extend by a year."

What does he mean by "extend by a year".  Extend what?

I'd assume his contract :dontknow:

Wouldn't that be ridiculous considering he has only one year left? Extend by another year, come the end of next season they will be back exactly where they are now. 

Guest Phil K

They all acted like utter greedy ars*holes. And Newcastle the innocent victim.

Hopefully Gomis will look again at the greedy self-serving turd he has for an agent

Wouldn't that be ridiculous considering he has only one year left? Extend by another year, come the end of next season they will be back exactly where they are now.

yeah but right now unless something drastic changes in the next few weeks he's looking at losing an £8m asset (based on the offer we put in) for potentially nothing come Jan

yeah but right now unless something drastic changes in the next few weeks he's looking at losing an £8m asset (based on the offer we put in) for potentially nothing come Jan

Which is why his statement is even more baffling.  Why would Gomis sign an extension now, come January he can set up a free transfer for the summer.  Meaning bigger sign on fee , more money for him and his agent.

Aulas guy is not feeling good now your right.

Which is why his statement is even more baffling.  Why would Gomis sign an extension now, come January he can set up a free transfer for the summer.  Meaning bigger sign on fee , more money for him and his agent.

bullshitting grandstanding from Aulas, he seems to be a master of it.

This will no doubt end up "revived" approaching deadline day as Aulas realises just how much €€€ he's about to lose

Aulas just wants the best deal for OL while at the same time not really wanting to lose his contracted player, don't really see what he's done bar the odd daft quote wrong tbh.

Obviously he should've been grateful for our opening £4m gambit and accepted post haste though.

Aulas just wants the best deal for OL while at the same time not really wanting to lose his contracted player, don't really see what he's done bar the odd daft quote wrong tbh.

Obviously he should've been grateful for our opening £4m gambit and accepted post haste though.

Don't you think we ended up with a pretty fair offer, by media accounts?

This one does sound like it's the other guys being twats from what we've heard.

Probably yes for me but evidently not in his (the only one that actually matters) eyes.

If it's all true (it may not be) and if it comes down to £400k allegedly when the alleged initial bid has near increased suggests to me that neither side wants to seen to be losing face though at the expense of all else. From his position I can understand that more than ours who allegedly 'want' the player.

Probably yes for me but evidently not in his (the only one that actually matters) eyes.

If it's all true (it may not be) and if it comes down to £400k allegedly when the alleged initial bid has near increased suggests to me that neither side wants to seen to be losing face though at the expense of all else. From his position I can understand that more than ours who allegedly 'want' the player.

He asked for 10m euros, we increased our offer to 10m euros, the offer was accepted and that should have been that.  Now he wants us to pay what they owe another club on top and you reckon its us who are in the wrong? ???  He's the one pissing about and if he ends up with fuck all he's got nobody to blame but himself.

He asked for 10m euros, we increased our offer to 10m euros now he wants us to pay what they owe another club on top and you reckon its us who are in the wrong? :lol:  He's the one pissing about and if he ends up with fuck all he's got nobody to blame but himself.

Never said anyone was in the wrong, you seem to have invented that.

I've said I can see where Aulas is coming from.

You're defending his position pretty strongly and basically saying its understandable for him to demand that extra cash but not for us to refuse to pay it.  So from that I infered that you think we're more in the wrong for this deal not going through than Aulas is, hardly a leap like.