Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I give up caring about transfers. I watch with interest but the politics behind it all has just become boring.

I'm looking forward to the return of football and talking about player, teams, goals and tactics etc.

Same here really, I wish the transfer window didn't exist.

Fuck it, we should just offer Chelsea their money back for Ba. I can't really see how Cisse, Remy, Gomis and Ben Arfa would fit into the same side anyway so one of them would have to have been benched. Ba and Cisse can fight it out for the centre forward spot.

I give up caring about transfers. I watch with interest but the politics behind it all has just become boring.

I'm looking forward to the return of football and talking about player, teams, goals and tactics etc.

Same here really, I wish the transfer window didn't exist.

Oh really? :lol:

Convinced we will still get him this window, he hasn't signed an improved contract which leads me to believe Lyon will be desperate and we'll go in at a lower price and get our man, its exactly the kind of risk Ashley would take to shave a couple of mil off the price.

Just have to be patient for a bit longer.

Can see us waiting til January and then getting him on a pre contract, unfortunately.

Would that be the January window that Marseilles are urging him to wait for, as by then they'll be able to afford him at a lower price?

I've purposely not looked at this thread for days, can someone explain why he's not joined us? Is he holding out for Marseille or what?

We won't pay his agent fees or the sell on fee that Lyon want us to pay St Etienne on their behalf by all accounts.

I've purposely not looked at this thread for days, can someone explain why he's not joined us? Is he holding out for Marseille or what?

We won't pay his agent fees or the sell on fee that Lyon want us to pay St Etienne on their behalf by all accounts.

Cheers. So it's Ashleys tried and tested brinksmanship approach, again. Where we either get the player in but he isn't up to speed til November, or we miss out altogether.

Cheers. So it's Ashleys tried and tested brinksmanship approach, again. Where we either get the player in but he isn't up to speed til November, or we miss out altogether.

Nailed it.

And we're waiting for them to get desperate and crack at the expense of having him to start the season.

Its more that they dont have a lot of power in the situation, given his contract will expire soon they're taking a risk trying to negotiate to this extent atall. Their next option would be the current extension theyre attempting or to sell in January potentially at a lower amount than theyve been offered now. Depends on how desperate currently interested clubs are to add him to their side at that time.

Guest bimpy474

I am guessing he's not in the squad that's playing Sochaux right now?

Nope. He's back with the reserves if RMC are to be believed.