Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

This is ridiculous. If he was Suarez or Rooney or Bale, I'd understand it, but he's NOT

- he's an unproven forward who may or may not do it.

He and his stinking agents are insulting us. Tell him to go f**k himself

We will only be after 'unproven' forwards though really so I assume we think he is the best we will get for the price.

Not that I don't think this whole saga is tedious as fuck!

Out of interest for all those on here saying walk away from the deal and are also not keen on Darren Bent... Who do you think we could be targeting realistically?...

It'll be Bent unfortunately.

I'd like to see how pissed off the Russian is at Anhzi, put a bid in for Traore.

I'm tempted to agree TBH, but I think he would offer us something we need and also I can't imagine we have a load of backup options lined up. Hoping we can still work it out.

You read that it's:

A/ The agents wanting a bigger cut of the deal for themselves

B/ The Lyon boss waiting hoping someone will pay more (they won't)

C/ Marseille wanting him, Gomis wants to go but Marseille want him for free

D/ His agents want Newcastle to pay a "severance fee" and Newcastle are LIVID at the idea, and his agents aren't budging

and E/ ALL of the above

I've stopped trying to figure out what's actually going on TBH, seems like agent wrangling. I'm fairly confident we've agreed with Gomis and he fancies coming here.

Out of interest for all those on here saying walk away from the deal and are also not keen on Darren Bent... Who do you think we could be targeting realistically?...

No one.  I think the excuses for getting one person on loan and no one else, despite a number leaving will be along the usual lines or could not get over the lines.  "we are happy with what we have got and will see if we need to add in January"

If this deals collapses, that's it I reckon - no other players in.  NO investment.

No one.  I think the excuses for getting one person on loan and no one else, despite a number leaving will be along the usual lines or could not get over the lines.  "we are happy with what we have got and will see if we need to add in January"

If this deals collapses, that's it I reckon - no other players in.  NO investment.

Only one of those who have left will actually be missed though, same applies if Gosling does go.

Lisandro Lopez leaving OL. Looks like Gomis and Lopez are their only first team strikers according to GFN.

Signed for Qatari club Al-Gharafa which probably means they will try to get Gomis to sign a new contract then.

I don't think bent would be the worst option in the world right now. Someone has mentioned Jordan Rhodes who has done well in the Championship after being successful in League 1, however, I think he would be too expensive, didn't he cost Blackburn £8m?

:lol: My concern is that I don't want the next option on the first list (Bent) so how bad is this second list?

Don't expect the obvious. It probably starts with Zlatan.

http://svenskanamn.alltforforaldrar.se/uploads/15641/3e65918bcfc81fe.jpg

Guest Phil K

Unsurprisingly "cooling" our interest according to SSN.

Rather trhan "cooling" we should make a big deal on WHY, and pointing fingers at causes, if Gomis, his agents or OL chairman or all three

Lisandro Lopez leaving OL. Looks like Gomis and Lopez are their only first team strikers according to GFN.

Signed for Qatari club Al-Gharafa which probably means they will try to get Gomis to sign a new contract then.

Good luck with that Lyon :lol: