Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Its quite clear going by his tweets he's quite keen on the move, the problem is the extra fees paid to the agents and St Etienne, neither NUFC or Lyon want to pay them, still think this will get sorted and we'll sign him. 

Its quite clear going by his tweets he's quite keen on the move, the problem is the extra fees paid to the agents and St Etienne, neither NUFC or Lyon want to pay them, still think this will get sorted and we'll sign him.

Not so sure, now we've got Remy and Shola is scoring I can see us just waiting to see if they buckle. They might not, he's only got a year on his contact hasn't he? More money to be made next summer.

In days gone by when players earned a hundred pounds a week and opened supermarkets on Tuesday afternoons I can see why they would require an agent. But now I'm baffled by it. The only reasons to have an agent is laziness and probably stupidity.

I bet everyone in our dressing room knows to within a few quid what everyone else is on, and unless you're a complete wanker / moron you know where you are in the pecking order. So why pay somebody else to do your asking?

In days gone by when players earned a hundred pounds a week and opened supermarkets on Tuesday afternoons I can see why they would require an agent. But now I'm baffled by it. The only reasons to have an agent is laziness and probably stupidity.

I bet everyone in our dressing room knows to within a few quid what everyone else is on, and unless you're a complete wanker / moron you know where you are in the pecking order. So why pay somebody else to do your asking?

Other way around, surely. Back when all you got was a wage and transfers were rare, why would you need an agent? These days the contracts are probably very long and include rights, bonuses and payments for tons of different shit.

His first choice is OM, otherwise he would be here considering we've agreed terms with Lyon.

According to reports we have also agreed personal terms with the player. It's the agents fees and/or his previous club fees that are putting a hold on this. Neither OL nor NUFC want to pay them.

It's for the same reason you would hire an agent to sell your house. They are good at getting buyers and trying to inflate prices and drum up interest for their clients.

Not so sure, now we've got Remy and Shola is scoring I can see us just waiting to see if they buckle. They might not, he's only got a year on his contact hasn't he? More money to be made next summer.

Its probably going to be Lyon who buckle, they have everything to lose.

Other way around, surely. Back when all you got was a wage and transfers were rare, why would you need an agent? These days the contracts are probably very long and include rights, bonuses and payments for tons of different shit.

The agent was to secure other work due to football paying relatively little.

A deal at our club that springs to mind was N'zogbia. It dragged on for ages, yet he knew what the likes of Milner and Taylor were on, players of a similar age and standing at the club. So he knew exactly what he could realistically expect. But somehow it took forever, that could have been Freddie Shepherd being tight but was far more likely due to Zoggys agent being a cunt. So months later the lad gets the same as Taylor minus the 15% or whatever his agent takes.

His first choice is OM, otherwise he would be here considering we've agreed terms with Lyon.

Doesn't want to come. Move to other targets.

I'd love to know how you came to this conclusion.

Just a hunch from reading Aulas' quotes, wise-old fucker.

We shouldn't have to, but if Lyon want us to then we're right to tell them to fuck off, they're getting a very good fee for a player who'll effectively be worth £0 in a few weeks.  Not sure if its the fee to St. Etienne or an exorbitant agents fee or both.  But as the window starts to close I think its Lyon who have by far the most to lose so hopefully sense will finally prevail.

Guest bimpy474

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 42s

I can't see Gomis staying at OL. #nufc still appears most serious bid, but there's obviously still more work/stumbling blocks

Doesn't want to come. Move to other targets.

I'd love to know how you came to this conclusion.

According to Aulas, OM have blocked the transfer by making an illegal approach. If Gomis wasn't interested in joining OM, there surely wouldn't be a problem. From what Aulas has said, OM haven't outbidded us.

Guest bimpy474

I can't see Gomis staying at OL. #nufc still appears most serious bid, but there's obviously still more work/stumbling blocks

Who's he?

He says he's a sports broadcaster and Ligue one commentator (in the opinion sense) .

Who's he?

He says he's a sports broadcaster and Ligue one commentator (in the opinion sense) .

He's defo one of the better Twitter sources in my experience when it comes to French football...

Guest bimpy474

Who's he?

He's defo one of the better Twitter sources in my experience when it comes to French football...

Yep, he's definitely not a wum.

If he's in the last year of his contract and they don't think he was going to sign a new one it would be stupid to keep him anyway. Especially if they have an offer of £8m on the table. They'll be lucky to get a quarter of that in January.

Guest Phil K

Still think we should just pull out and tell them - AND Gomis's ars*h*le agents to go  **** themselves.

Ridiculous to hang on and give them the feeling they have US