Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Judging by tonight's game and the fact it sounds as if Pardew wants to play 4-4-2, he'd be a hugely useful addition. We had a good runner through the middle in Sissoko, he just needed someone ahead of him to play off, someone with consistent physical presence.

Still need that left winger mind.

Judging by tonight's game and the fact it sounds as if Pardew wants to play 4-4-2, he'd be a hugely useful addition. We had a good runner through the middle in Sissoko, he just needed someone ahead of him to play off, someone with consistent physical presence.

It'll be Remy.

It'll be Remy.

Left winger in a 442? not even i would do that :lol:

Pardew needs his head kicking in if he tries to play 4-4-2 with this squad.

HBA is no right winger. Remy is no left winger. Especially how Pardew plays wingers, ie running back to cover the fullbacks all the time. However both Remy and HBA make great inside forwards in a 4-3-3. Anything else is suicide.

Pardew needs his head kicking in if he tries to play 4-4-2 with this squad.

HBA is no right winger. Remy is no left winger. Especially how Pardew plays wingers, ie running back to cover the fullbacks all the time. However both Remy and HBA make great inside forwards in a 4-3-3. Anything else is suicide.

This.

What if we sign Gomis? Means no place for him or Cisse while a 3rd midfielder who doesn't deserve to be in the starting Xl gets a run out. 4-2-4 might be the best we can do if he signs.

We'd have some proper depth up front at least and he's a different type of forward to the ones we currently have.  We'd have options to change things up a bit.

What if we sign Gomis? Means no place for him or Cisse while a 3rd midfielder who doesn't deserve to be in the starting Xl gets a run out. 4-2-4 might be the best we can do if he signs.

We'll be wasting 2 very good players in Remy and HBA in order to accommodate 1 player. I don't see how that's good.

If we're going to play 2 up top in a 4-4-2 (or 4-2-4, if if makes you feel better to call it that, but this is Pardew not Keegan), we need to sell Ben Arfa and replace him with 2 good wingers. Or play Jonas and Obertan on the wings, because terrifying as it is, they're the best 2 wingers we've got. Remy can play CF so he can go on the bench or displace one of Cisse or Gomis.

If the reality of this post fills you with terror, then you can see why we need to play 4-3-3. If this post does not fill you with terror, then congratulations: You are Alan Pardew. Just stick HBA and Remy on the wings and tell yourself it'll be alright.

Didn't Houghton play HBA on the right wing when he first joined us? I've just got an awful feeling that we won't sign anybody else,if Gomis was going to join us surely he would have been here by now.I think Ashley just doesn't want to spend any money,i mean why sign Remy on  loan when we were willing to pay for him in january? Wonder if the fat b******d's gearing us up to sell?

Didn't Houghton play HBA on the right wing when he first joined us? I've just got an awful feeling that we won't sign anybody else,if Gomis was going to join us surely he would have been here by now.I think Ashley just doesn't want to spend any money,i mean why sign Remy on  loan when we were willing to pay for him in january? Wonder if the fat b******d's gearing us up to sell?

At the same time, why pay a (what was it reported at, £2m?) loan fee for a player that you only get for one season with no resale value if the entire ethos behind that deal was don't spend any money. I agree that Ashley probably is just waiting for a buyer at this point, but last January and the Remy deal makes me think that the wallet isn't exactly closed.