Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I wonder how long it will take for the media to criticize us for having a billion million Frenchies in our squad.

A lot quicker than it will for them to criticize Swansea for having a billion million Spaniards in their squad i'm sure....

2 striker system isn't an issue in fact i'd support it, depends how Pardew sets the midfield up behind them.

If its a flat midfield 4 then  :tickedoff:

Gomis                Cisse

Ben Arfa

Cabaye                      Sissoko

Tiote

It won't be, mind.

To be fair I think JFK is taking a lot of the flak away for foreign recruitment policy.

I am going for a shower now, I kind of praised JFK.. Look at what these transfer saga's are doing to me.. :(

Guest Fumaca

Bafetimbi Gomis - is there still a part of you that wants to live?

Bafetimbi Gomis - is there still a part of you that wants to give?

Our lack of width is crying out for a 4-3-1-2 but can't see Pardew recognising that.

Krul

Debuchy    Mbiwa  Colo  Santon

Sissoko  Cabaye  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Cisse  Gomis

(Marveaux in for Jonas at home)

:megusta:

Just been watching a strengths and weaknesses video on youtube, from the clips shown it seems like he is very good at holding up the ball and bringing others into play which is something that was completely non existent last season, looks comfortable with the ball at his feet and running with the ball too.

Seems extremely strong.

If anything he weakest area looks to be his long distance speed and heading.... from what I've watched of course.

Our lack of width is crying out for a 4-3-1-2 but can't see Pardew recognising that.

Krul

Sissoko  Cabaye  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Cisse  Gomis

:thup:

Krul

Sissoko  Cabaye  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Cisse  Gomis

I'd prefer Anita to Jonas( with Cabaye and Sissoko slightly in front), in this system i think Jonas would do well as a Sissoko back up though.

It'll be a welcoming lift to the players within the club that we've finally signed someone, a plus to the lads who were just signed who are probably mates with him, and a welcome addition to our striker list as he brings his strength and technical ability on top of some really good goal returns in the past 2 years. (looking a this as positive as possible)

Krul

Sissoko  Cabaye  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Cisse  Gomis

I'd prefer Anita to Jonas( with Cabaye and Sissoko slightly in front), in this system i think Jonas would do well as a Sissoko back up though.

I forgot about Anita :lol:

Any watchers of Ligue 1/Frenchies given their insight on him yet?  Sorry if it's been done to death, but I've missed the last 112 pages :lol:

Feel pretty meh about this.  I usually get excited by prospective signings and I've been desperate to see us get anyone in TBH.  But I just don't know much about this guy and I'm sure the few times I have seen him, he's looked a bit slow and average.

Still, we need at least one more striker, so I'm glad we look like we're getting Gomis and maybe Remy too.

Any watchers of Ligue 1/Frenchies given their insight on him yet?  Sorry if it's been done to death, but I've missed the last 112 pages :lol:

Feel pretty meh about this.  I usually get excited by prospective signings and I've been desperate to see us get anyone in TBH.  But I just don't know much about this guy and I'm sure the few times I have seen him, he's looked a bit slow and average.

Still, we need at least one more striker, so I'm glad we look like we're getting Gomis and maybe Remy too.

21 goals and 8 assists in 50 games last season.

25 goals the season before in 54 games. Hasn't scored under 10 goals in Ligue 1 since 05/06 season.

Rumors that Gomis and Remy are being chased by spurs, That's what happens when a club dithers on transfers.

Can't see Spurs going after Gomis after splashing the cash on Soldado and already having Ade and Defoe there.

Rumors that Gomis and Remy are being chased by spurs, That's what happens when a club dithers on transfers.

Can't see Spurs going after Gomis after splashing the cash on Soldado and already having Ade and Defoe there.

Hope not but rumors  on Gomis meeting at spurs

Hope not but rumors are thick on Gomis meeting at spurs

Ok :lol:

Twitter is awesome.