Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Do people really think he's suited to Pardew's style? Yes he might be better as a target player than Cissé/Ba but he's not exactly a battering ram type of player used to long and high balls and win most stuff in the air like Carroll was.

Pardew the cuntfuck might think so, considering the amout of long balls towards Cissé and Ba when he was here, aerial challenges that the both of them lost 9/10, and still Pardew refused or couldn't see that it wasn't working the

dumb f***. Only result of it was us losing possession running around chasing ghosts. Damnit i really hate him, snakey b******!!!

(those of you who have seen him play)

True but he's still a helluva lot better at being target than any player we have had since Carroll.

It will still be a very effective out ball with Gomis in the team IMO, he is very good at holding the ball up with his back to goal and pushing the defence back allowing the midfield to get involved more readily than they were able to with Cisse-Ba.

As much as I love Cisse, for most of last season he was absolutely shocking at holding it up. Couldn't win headers, ball was pinging off him all over the place and would get dominated physically by pretty much every defender.

Saying that though, everyone knows it's not his game to play with his back to goal and his simply doesn't have the physical attributes to do it. So the fact Pardew allowed us to play so long just hoofing it into Cisse says it all about him really.

I like the idea of him now sat on his pc, researching newcastle before he flies over :)

Google Images shows it's not that bad of a place.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=newcastle&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=MmL9Ud5V6aXRBY7DgegF&biw=1280&bih=588&sei=OmL9UYPJMOGd0QX4pYD4Dg

Scroll down enough and you'll see that tosser punching the horse. That'll seal this in our favour, I'm convinced.

As much as I love Cisse, for most of last season he was absolutely shocking at holding it up. Couldn't win headers, ball was pinging off him all over the place and would get dominated physically by pretty much every defender.

Saying that though, everyone knows it's not his game to play with his back to goal and his simply doesn't have the physical attributes to do it. So the fact Pardew allowed us to play so long just hoofing it into Cisse says it all about him really.

Pardew tried it with Gouffran in one of the pre season games i saw :lol: there is no end to his stupidity in regards to that.

:aww:

He seems excited about coming here.

Getting a nice signing on fee and wage increase, of course he is.

(Obviously he grew up dreaming of playing for us and now is naturally delighted)

I think playing with international team mates and playing in front of 50000 would be a massive factor as well.

That 10,000 extra people for a midtable team with no chance of qualifying for the CL must be more of a pull than I thought.

I think playing with international team mates and playing in front of 50000 would be a massive factor as well.

That 10,000 extra people for a midtable team with no chance of qualifying for the CL must be more of a pull than I thought.

Playing alongside Mbiwa, Debuchy, Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa & potentially Remy in World Cup year when Deschamps and his people will be watching us on a regular basis...

Playing alongside Mbiwa, Debuchy, Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa & potentially Remy in World Cup year when Deschamps and his people will be watching us on a regular basis...

Despite getting in the squad currently and Giroud (who won't be playing if Arsenal splash some cash) being his only competitor.

7 (or more) French players in the starting XI :anguish:

Other than that, are you pleased if we sign him Disco ?

Definitely. Pretty sure I've never watched him live but he is, I assume, miles better than Shola and it was an area that needs strengthening that has been addressed. Plus it gives us options which is a rare luxury in recent times.

He just comes across a bit of a bellend is all but then again he isn't in a minority with that unfortunately.

Same applies for Remy (with added rapeyness).

Other than that, are you pleased if we sign him Disco ?

Definitely. Pretty sure I've never watched him live but he is, I assume, miles better than Shola and it was an area that needs strengthening that has been addressed. Plus it gives us options which is a rare luxury in recent times.

He just comes across a bit of a bellend is all but then again he isn't in a minority with that unfortunately.

Same applies for Remy (with added rapeyness).

Personally, I think he's just got a bit of personality. That's all.

Need some South Americans

Not at all fella, although I do love a lazy number 10 who'd be generally shit if he moved to England.

Just wish we would explore markets other than French/Ligue Un players with contract disputes preferably with a skew towards local/English players. A few years ago I'd have said I don't think it would bother me but now we've gone down that route I've learnt it does. Odd.

Gomis is one of those hit and miss players. He's been pretty much like that all his career. 

Well there is a 50/50 chance, give him a break.

Shut-up you tart.... I was simply giving my objective opinion about him that I've held pretty much ever since he came on the scenes.  I don't care if it's upsetting you.

Need some South Americans

Not at all fella, although I do love a lazy number 10 who'd be generally s*** if he moved to England.

Just wish we would explore markets other than French/Ligue Un players with contract disputes preferably with a skew towards local/English players. A few years ago I'd have said I don't think it would bother me but now we've gone down that route I've learnt it does. Odd.

Only joking mate. I'd like us to widen the net too.  That said I think we are beaten into a state of submission, glad of good players French or not

Gomis is one of those hit and miss players. He's been pretty much like that all his career. 

Well there is a 50/50 chance, give him a break.

Shut-up you tart.... I was simply giving my objective opinion about him that I've held pretty much ever since he came on the scenes.  I don't care if it's upsetting you.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/152/358317646_9d5ac2eb43.jpg

;)