Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

13 goals in Ligue 1 doesn't sound particularly good. Better than Shola though as you say

I don't know the stats on how often he starts and how often he is a sub. I don't think Gomis is anything amazing. What I do think is that a 1 in 3 (in Ligue 1) striker who is available for no transfer fee and is arguably better than all NUFC's own strikers is worth getting. These days NUFC operate in the bargain basement so he'd be a good addition without using up too much of our meagre budget.

Is there anything to suggest we won't go back in for him? Seems fairly predictable that we will.

There is nothing to stop NUFC (or any other club) doing a deal with Gomis right now. I assume Gomis is just keeping his options open.

Is there anything to suggest we won't go back in for him? Seems fairly predictable that we will.

Would make to much sense, just like it did last summer/January/whenever.

Going in for him at any point prior to this summer made no sense and you know why.

Would make to much sense, just like it did last summer/January/whenever.

Going in for him at any point prior to this summer made no sense and you know why.

Tru dat.

Too old

Not for free he isn't. He is also in goal scoring form. I'd rather have a 28 year old Gomis than a 23 year old Luuk de Jong.

I don't mean for me like, that's what Ashley will be thinking I meant

The "26 years old and under" NUFC transfer rule only really applies to players who cost a transfer fee. NUFC could sign Gomis on a 3 year deal, play him for a season and then sell him. Anything made on the transfer would be profit. That's what Ashley would think.

Too old

Not for free he isn't. He is also in goal scoring form. I'd rather have a 28 year old Gomis than a 23 year old Luuk de Jong.

I don't mean for me like, that's what Ashley will be thinking I meant

The "26 years old and under" NUFC transfer rule only really applies to players who cost a transfer fee. NUFC could sign Gomis on a 3 year deal, play him for a season and then sell him. Anything made on the transfer would be profit. That's what Ashley would think.

think_of_the_children_186.jpg

Won't somebody please think of the wagebill

• 1 month later...

Kevin Keegan is ready to swoop for the new Didier Drogba - powerful St Etienne hitman Bafetimbi Gomis - in a stunning £12million splash for Newcastle United.

Keegan is due to fly to France this weekend to give his final blessing to the move, set up by the new Toon spying team. St Etienne have already said no to a £7m offer from Bolton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/2008/02/29/kev-s-baf-time-89520-20335457/

£12million seems like alot, he any good like?

6 years strong.  :lol:

Kevin Keegan is ready to swoop for the new Didier Drogba - powerful St Etienne hitman Bafetimbi Gomis - in a stunning £12million splash for Newcastle United.

Keegan is due to fly to France this weekend to give his final blessing to the move, set up by the new Toon spying team. St Etienne have already said no to a £7m offer from Bolton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/2008/02/29/kev-s-baf-time-89520-20335457/

£12million seems like alot, he any good like?

6 years strong.  :lol:

has there ever been a more drawn out saga? over 6 years ffs!

Guest chopey

Another freebie I wonder how much transfer budget pardew was given during his meeting with Ashley at the end of the season ? I'm guessing about £10 million

Another freebie I wonder how much transfer budget pardew was given during his meeting with Ashley at the end of the season ? I'm guessing about £10 million

I reckon you're out by about £10 million.

Guest chopey

We've already spent £1.5 million on that Spanish piglet ready to fatten up for the real transfer market