Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

We scout a player once and then don't let anything they do in the meantime change our opinion on whether we should sign them, no matter how long later we sign him

Once someone is on our list we get obsessed with them and eventually wear them down

We scout a player once and then don't let anything they do in the meantime change our opinion on whether we should sign them, no matter how long later we sign him

Once someone is on our list we get obsessed with them and eventually wear them down

It's a matter of time before we snare Gameiro and Erding.

It's not so much that he is terrible. More that he would only be added the squad and isn't the type of striker we need. I'm much more happy about it if he comes in with doumbia.

Gomis would certainly be more a lovenkrands/best signing than a harewood/kuqui if we get him. I think he would contribute if called upon and would probably surprise a few. Should in noway be coming in to dislodge Mitro though, I hope.

I liked the idea of Remy alongside/instead of Mitrovich as they are different types of players.  One a center forward type, and the other a more mobile attacking striker.

I have a feeling that Gomis and Mitrovich are too similar and either won't complement each other or will offer nothing different if we need to change the way we are playing.

TCD was right about Gomis from what i've seen of him mind, he's different to Mitro in that he looks to get in behind and runs onto the ball whereas Mitro plays well with his back to goal

i'm not saying they'll complement each other, and i don't want Gomis at all, just that because they're both big lads they're actually nothing alike

It's not so much that he is terrible. More that he would only be added the squad and isn't the type of striker we need. I'm much more happy about it if he comes in with doumbia.

Gomis would certainly be more a lovenkrands/best signing than a harewood/kuqui if we get him. I think he would contribute if called upon and would probably surprise a few. Should in noway be coming in to dislodge Mitro though, I hope.

And there lies the problem, he is no better than Mitro and yet Mitro is not good enough at this stage to keep this club in the premiership as he can't put the ball into the back of the net. Typical Newcastle go for a player as back up to a player who at this stage misses chances by the bucketfull - where is the sense in that!

And there lies the problem, he is no better than Mitro and yet Mitro is not good enough at this stage to keep this club in the premiership as he can't put the ball into the back of the net. Typical Newcastle go for a player as back up to a player who at this stage misses chances by the bucketfull - where is the sense in that!

I think if we sign Gomis he'll play as the lone striker ahead of Mitro personally, the alternative is so far beyond sense I can't make that leap.

Been offside over 30 times already this season.

Two ways of looking at that. 1) he's Cisse-esq and has little vision awareness or 2) He's trying to make things happen, playing on the edge of the oppositions defensive line only for the timing of the passes to be at the wrong time.

Without seeing every minute of every game that stat can be misleading.

Fwiw I'd like us to persevere with mitrovic. But won't grumble if Gomis signed, after all KK wanted him and prior to Swansea going tits up he scored a few.

I thought it was well documented that Shelvey had a falling out with staff there? Doesn't make them right. We should know that better than anyone with what happened with Ben Arfa.

Can't comment on Gomis but from January until September he seemed good to me. Maybe the coach doesn't fancy him. Could do his confidence good knowing a club who's wanted him since Keegan still want him so might be the push he needs.