Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Gomis....Turan....i think a lot of people on this board are going to be disappointed.

I dont see why players such as this would want to join Newcastle at the moment.

Had you heard of either of them before they were linked with us?

Guest BooBoo

Gomis....Turan....i think a lot of people on this board are going to be disappointed.

No, i'll admit that but it's not relevant. Gomis is a French international while Turan has really caught the ey in the Euros. Again I'll ask, why would they look at us and think it a good career move? Especially now the big pay day carrot has been removed.

Guest Heneage

Adriano is still at SP but is likely to come back, they have the recently bought Suazo as well . I'd imagine they'll get Carvalho, and Quaresma.

Recently? He's been with them for a year.

Aye a year can be recent they just bought him start of last season.

No, i'll admit that but it's not relevant. Gomis is a French international while Turan has really caught the ey in the Euros. Again I'll ask, why would they look at us and think it a good career move? Especially now the big pay day carrot has been removed.

Gomis wasn't a French international when we first showed our interest, and he's done nothing of worth in his competitive appearances.

Playing in the best league in the world and increased paychecks is sure to be a draw.

Turan will have caught a few eyes in this tournament and will be very difficult for us to land, but it's a big fee being branded for him that perhaps might scare off a few of our competitors.

Adriano is still at SP but is likely to come back, they have the recently bought Suazo as well . I'd imagine they'll get Carvalho, and Quaresma.

Recently? He's been with them for a year.

There was  talk of Suazo being sold by Inter recently iirc.

Guest Deep456

Gomis wasn't a French international when we first showed our interest, and he's done nothing of worth in his competitive appearances.

Playing in the best league in the world and increased paychecks is sure to be a draw.

Turan will have caught a few eyes in this tournament and will be very difficult for us to land, but it's a big fee being branded for him that perhaps might scare off a few of our competitors.

Must say 10/10 for the answer

Gomis is doing just what we wanted him to.  Played well in the last few games of the season and in the friendly, then tanked the tournament so that his price didn't go up.

And now that he is keeping his price down....the concensus is that his is crap.  He wasn't crap a few weeks ago, and this is the perfect time to grab him while his stock is a bit low, but he has to be good buy now that his price isn;t sky rocketing

Guest sicko2ndbest

itv.com

Trotters to land record signing

June 21 2008

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside says the club are set to land a European striker for a record fee.

The Trotters have already added midfielder Fabrice Muamba from Birmingham to their squad for a fee in the region of £5million while goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen is set to pen a new four-year deal as manager Gary Megson plans for an improvement on last season's relegation battle.

Now, chairman Gartside has revealed the club could sign a mystery striker in the next ten days for a fee that would eclipse the £8million paid to Fenerbahce for Nicolas Anelka in 20

Gartside told the the Bolton News: "We intend on strengthening the team this summer with some serious purchases.

"We've already put one to bed last week, and we intend on putting the other, a striker, to bed within a week to 10 days - which would be a club record transfer fee."

But Gartside refused to be drawn on the identity of the striker.

He said: "He's in Europe at the moment, I don't know whereabouts right now, but he's definitely somewhere in Europe."

The club have been consistently linked with a move for St Etienne's French international forward Bafetimbi Gomis - a player who would cost between £8million and £10million.

i think they chase guiza... they are on race with fenerbache

Wasnt he top scorer in Spain last year?

Be suprised if he went to either of them

has attitude problem maybe that's why top la liga teams wouldn't touch near of him... not young prospect also

itv.com

Trotters to land record signing

June 21 2008

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside says the club are set to land a European striker for a record fee.

The Trotters have already added midfielder Fabrice Muamba from Birmingham to their squad for a fee in the region of £5million while goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen is set to pen a new four-year deal as manager Gary Megson plans for an improvement on last season's relegation battle.

Now, chairman Gartside has revealed the club could sign a mystery striker in the next ten days for a fee that would eclipse the £8million paid to Fenerbahce for Nicolas Anelka in 20

Gartside told the the Bolton News: "We intend on strengthening the team this summer with some serious purchases.

"We've already put one to bed last week, and we intend on putting the other, a striker, to bed within a week to 10 days - which would be a club record transfer fee."

But Gartside refused to be drawn on the identity of the striker.

He said: "He's in Europe at the moment, I don't know whereabouts right now, but he's definitely somewhere in Europe."

The club have been consistently linked with a move for St Etienne's French international forward Bafetimbi Gomis - a player who would cost between £8million and £10million.

Is Gartside the new Freddy?

God, these top 3 threads are depressing. Turan to Italy, Arshavin to Barca and Gomis staying:lol:

That was ages ago tbf. We supposedly still tabled a bid after he'd signed the new deal.

I know what you mean though. :undecided:

Its funny how all the stories with him have stopped since his poor form for France, would not put me off getting him though, would be nice to know if we are serious about getting him.

Its funny how all the stories with him have stopped since his poor form for France, would not put me off getting him though, would be nice to know if we are serious about getting him.

Think the stories stopped after he decided to sign that new deal. He didn't really get to play that much at the Euros to be fair.

Think the stories stopped after he decided to sign that new deal. He didn't really get to play that much at the Euros to be fair.

Kna the story about our so called £10mill bid was after he signed a new deal.