Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

At this stage with such a lack of action I will be happy, funny though as a few seasons ago we wanted to sign him. I think it was when we signed Ranger, didn't a few think it was Gomis in the stands watching us play but it was Ranger.

http://www.foot-anglais.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Bafetimbi-Gomis.jpg

Think it was the dreadlocks that fooled us :lol:

Gomis is very... well... black. Will be hilarious putting him alongside Adam Campbell, endless fun.

Gomis is very... well... black. Will be hilarious putting him alongside Adam Campbell, endless fun.

Plenty of choices of songs to run out too

Michael Jackson - Black or White

Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder - Ebony & Ivory

Add Remy, and if they insist on Bent and keep a hold of Cisse (and all of our other key players) then we will be good.

So three new strikers and keep hold of Cisse? ok :lol:

Sell Shola, plus Remy is a lot more flexible in what position he can play than the others are.

Add Remy, and if they insist on Bent and keep a hold of Cisse (and all of our other key players) then we will be good.

There's no way we will have all 4 at this club next season. I expect Cisse to be shipped out but if we get the other three I will be pleasantly surprised.

That would be a sensible amount of strikers as far as I'm concerned. Bent/Cisse/Gomis as the main striker options, with Remy/Gouffran as the more withdrawn option / wingish position.

(Obviously it'll never fucking happen like)

Guest Spark

His hatrick against OM is very decent and available to watch online. Touch for the second goal and movement for the third particularly good.

Youtube comments: "Welcome to Dortmund!" "Welcome to Chelsea!" "Welcome to Newcastle!"

Fuck. Off.

I watch quite a bit of Lyon because my French mate supports them. As suggested above, he's hit and miss. When he's on, he's really on and can be a beast; when he's off he can be a total donkey. He has the attributes to succeed (FWIW I have never seen him play in anything other than a 4-4-2 as a target man), but he can have streaks in a game where he can't shoot or control for shit.

If we get him for £5M or under I would call it a tidy signing, but nothing to write home about. Definitely a huge improvement over Shola though. If the striker pool was Cisse, Gomis, A.N. Other, Gouffran and Campbell being blooded in sometimes then we would be in good shape.

That would be a sensible amount of strikers as far as I'm concerned. Bent/Cisse/Gomis as the main striker options, with Remy/Gouffran as the more withdrawn option / wingish position.

(Obviously it'll never fucking happen like)

That's what I mean though. Sure 4 strikers would be sensible but this is Newcastle. I think people get a little carried away. Yesterday was looking like we potentially might go into season with just Gouffran and Shola and then the Gomis link is announced and suddenly people think sign 3 new strikers aswell as keep hold of Cisse.

Never seen him in a match - but going off YT he looks a bit clumsy, similar to Bony in that he doesn't look naturally gifted at all, just strong. Better than #23, though.

Hopefully not intended to be a replacement for Cisse.

(Obviously it'll never f***ing happen like)

That's what I mean though. Sure 4 strikers would be sensible but this is Newcastle. I think people get a little carried away. Yesterday was looking like we potentially might go into season with just Gouffran and Shola and then the Gomis link is announced and suddenly people think sign 3 new strikers aswell as keep hold of Cisse.

Cisse/Gomis/Remy/Gouffran/Bent might be ok if we had European football to compete with. 3 of those 5 is far more sensible for a team like us that will only play with 1 striker.

Never seen him in a match - but going off YT he looks a bit clumsy, similar to Bony in that he doesn't look naturally gifted at all, just strong. Better than #23, though.

Hopefully not intended to be a replacement for Cisse.

Bent would be the logical replacement for Cisse, Gomis would be Pardew's "jumper" presumably.

If we are to play long ball it's at least passable if we have someone to hold it up.

Is this actually a strength of his though? I don't know enough about him, and don't want to make assumptions based upon his build. Not that it'd surprise me if this is exactly what AP/JK are doing.