Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

http://m.lequipe.fr/serv/LequipeiPhoneLite?com=newsdefev2frXHT&chrono=yes&idne=b-389193

After seeing his latest offering of eight million euros to be rejected by Lyon for the transfer of Bafé Gomis (27 years, under contract until 2014), Newcastle decided to halt negotiations. The Magpies should continue discussions with QPR for the loan of the French international striker Loic Remy.

So the player will probably go on strike & they'll have to pay wages for him until jan and we'll come back with an offer of 4m. I think Aulas is being a bit tough with this hardball lark & could come back to bite him in the ass.  They need the cash from this deal to buy another striker in this window aswell!

"guess who wins again pic on standby"

Thought this too but forgot that this is a WC year. Aulas could still have a card up his sleeve playing hardball, robbing any chance of Gomis getting into the squad.

Things will get desperate if we fail to land Remy and Aulas probably knows that too.

Hopefully we can agree a compromise on the fee, but might go right to the end of August. He wouldn't be the first striker we've failed to agree on and then simply forgotten about though. My concern is that we just miss out altogether.

We'll be back.

Preferably in the current transfer window. Shola's been scoring...

You just know we have no other alternatives other than Bent, can't believe we still have nobody signed. It is going to be one long season with Cisse and Shola as only strikers oh and no out and out wingers / wide forwards.

We'll be back.

Preferably in the current transfer window. Shola's been scoring...

You just know we have no other alternatives other than Bent, can't believe we still have nobody signed. It is going to be one long season with Cisse and Shola as only strikers oh and no out and out wingers / wide forwards.

If we want Gomis, then it makes no sense to sign Bent as they are two completely different strikers. It might be we just try and push through the Remy deal and that would probably be that. I'm not even sure we'll go back in January if Remy and Cisse are scoring goals.

Desperate for a striker and we pull out of negotiations.  Why do we always have to take this hard line approach (although I do think we have offered a reasonable amount all things considered).

Seems like we've moved quite a lot to me.

To be fair, €8m is more than enough for someone who has been publically frozen out, in the last year of his contract and wants to leave. 

I have absolutely no problem with us not paying any more than what we've offered.  We're desperate for another striker though, so can see why people are frustrated.

Same thing every summer. Especially when we're after a striker.

Cisse, De Jong, Erding and Maiga.

Just can't seem to get these over the line in time, and end up having to resolve in January.

Only striker we go tin January was Ba and he was on a free.

My expectation is that we likely won't get a striker this summer now.

Gouffran and Cisse will be the starting two, and when one inevitably gets injured we'll be seeing our good friend Shola Ameobi playing the majority of games yet again.

Oh happy days. Joy unbridled.

This fucking club, I get we won't be held to ransom but surely they are not asking over the top. We have again allowed ourselves to be in a shit situation where we are desperate for a striker and everyone know it.. beggers can't be choosers!

If we could just go out and spend 20-30 million on quality up front it would pay itself back, instead we just piss about for ages and everyone knew what the outcome would be a month ago, we never finalise deals, albeit maybe we should be stepping back on this one.

This is the right stance if true, they've rejected a very decent offer and are simply trying to take us for a ride because they want as much as possible with their situation. I don't think anyone else will match our price between now and the end of the window and they'll come back.

This is the right stance if true, they've rejected a very decent offer and are simply trying to take us for a ride because they want as much as possible with their situation. I don't think anyone else will match our price between now and the end of the window and they'll come back.

In the meantime, we#ll play th eopening 3/4 fixtures of the season with Shola Ameobi netting 0 goals and 2 injuries, giving a 6-12 point headstart to other teams.

If anyone's surprised they only have themselves to blame.