Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Again though, have other clubs not offered their valuation as recently as a few weeks back? Plenty of time left in the transfer window, and as much as they may want rid, they know we are desperate for strikers. Why would they accept a lower offer than the ones they've received before at this stage?

Nope. The offer we have made is fair, despite being £1.7m under their apparent valuation. They should accept it forthwith and be grateful to receive so much.

Again though, have other clubs not offered their valuation as recently as a few weeks back? Plenty of time left in the transfer window, and as much as they may want rid, they know we are desperate for strikers. Why would they accept a lower offer than the ones they've received before at this stage?

Three clubs had 10m Euro bids accepted for him a month ago, but he turned them all down.  I know what you mean, its got to be difficult for him to accept 8m when a month ago he had three 10m offers.  But he's got 1 months left and has gone from 4 clubs interested to 1 with a player who's shown 4 times already that he'll reject any move he doesn't really want (think he turned down Fenerbahce the window before as well).

At the end of the day its not just what they value him at that's relevant here, they may think he's a 15m player and 10m is a good discount (personally I don't agree) but what do we value him at?

Nope. The offer we have made is fair, despite being £1.7m under their apparent valuation. They should accept it forthwith and be grateful to receive so much.

I disagree, I think we should simply pay whatever any club asks for no matter what the situation and just be glad someone wants our money.

I disagree, I think we should simply pay whatever any club asks for no matter what the situation and just be glad someone wants our money.

:laugh: Now you're getting it.

Of course it's brinkmanship... They've got an unhappy striker who they could loose for nothing in 12 months time when they need money most... We need a quality forward and are running out of options for a team if we don't strengthen will more than likely flirt with being relegated...

If this guy is our #1 target and Carr, Pardew and Kinnear are all in agreement on that should we not just make it happen?

Is a potential £1m or so really worth moving on down the list to whoever comes next? Someone who, for whatever reason, we rate as being less desirable than Gomis?

This is the kind of thing I had hoped we had "learned from" given our dealings last summer and our subsequent business in January, i.e. that getting the best deal purely in terms of the numbers isn't always the way to go about things. There are other things to take into consideration, such as when the deal actually happens for instance, or how desperately short in that area we are.

Also just don't understand what odds a million here or there really makes to supporters in terms of advocating an "oooh that sounds like too much, let's move on" reaction, particularly when it doesn't look like many are advocating an overhaul of the squad (so there's no worries about the money being taken away from strengthening elsewhere.)

I suppose we haven't had any "third and final offer" type media stories yet like, so we may be willing to push a little bit further.

Nail on head Rich.

Yep. If we need to pay 1-2M more to get him- do it. I'm assuming this far from over and hopeful we will put another bid in. Half way seems about right. I'm not arsed about paying over the odds unless we're paying far more and it's an outlandish type bid- which will never happen under our regime.

I can see Aulas POV - clubs have bid 10m for him this summer and he doesn't want to give into "player power". Even if Gomis leaves in January for £3m he has shown to everyone, if nobody meets our evaluation you can rot in the reserves for 4 months. I am the boss, and I decide who leaves and for what price.

Him accepting a lower offer is a sign of weakness. It's like Cabaye refusing to go to Anzhi or something for 25m and wanting to go to PSG for Man Utd for 20m. Even if Cabaye ended up leaving for £10m the following summer i'd respect the move. Levy would do the same.

Hopefully they'll still let him travel for a medical etc while they are bartering.

:thup: supposedly his representatives are flying in tomorrow for talks, hopefully that still goes ahead.

If we manage to get Remy on loan first it would strengthen our hand in the negotiations for Gomis as we wouldn't be quite as desperate to sign another striker.

£6.9m seems plenty for a player in the last year of their contract. What would Gomis cost if he had 5 years to run on his contract? £15m tops?

For once I think we've been fair and the other chairman is the tight-fisted get. :lol:

Leave it a week or two and maybe add another few hundred thousand and I think they'll accept it.

Yeah despite it being rejected it does seem negotiations are still on going reading the various reports.

That is a good sign, probably all just brinkmanship which i expect to be sorted out sooner or later.

I still have a feeling Remy won't happen though.

The fact it's advancing at all, and maybe people are coming here for talks, is a good sign. Possibly the chairman is just psi posturing in the media... feels like we'll eventually come to a deal.

Yes it seems more about saving face for the OM chairman than actually refusing the deal. I still think this will happen, but it might get strung out a bit longer to teach Gomis a lesson.

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93 11m

Lyon boss Remi Garde confirms that Bafetimbi Gomis will leave club soon. Gomis €8m #NUFC bid rejected, negotiations continue

Bet it took him ages to type that out.

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93 11m

Lyon boss Remi Garde confirms that Bafetimbi Gomis will leave club soon. Gomis €8m #NUFC bid rejected, negotiations continue

Bet it took him ages to type that out.

:lol: