Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/03/08 - post match reaction from page 21

James

Where the fuck was the midfield for that third goal?

Hold on. Where the fuck was the midfield at all today?

Hold on again... where the fuck has the midfield been this season?

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9827/slowslowerng7.jpg

Martins has to be a starter for our remaining home games, surely?

:lol:

Dumb and Dumber would have been good enough.

Legs and Gone?

The lack of movement in the side is shocking. Felt sorry for Oba, he won a few headers today and noone in a black and white shirt was within 15 yards or so, shocking, really is. You could see him getting more and more worked up then eventually snapped and hit that shot, fair fucking play, noone else was willing to mix it up. I'm beginning to believe that Smith does have a clause in his contract, there's no fucking way 99% of the crowd could see he's an atrocious football player and KK can't, no fucking way.

PS Our lack of invention from throw ins literally reminds me of school boy football, absolutely pathetic.

The lack of movement in the side is shocking. Felt sorry for Oba, he won a few headers today and noone in a black and white shirt was within 15 yards or so, shocking, really is. You could see him getting more and more worked up then eventually snapped and hit that shot, fair fucking play, noone else was willing to mix it up. I'm beginning to believe that Smith does have a clause in his contract, there's no fucking way 99% of the crowd could see he's an atrocious football player and KK can't, no fucking way.

PS Our lack of invention from throw ins literally reminds me of school boy football, absolutely pathetic.

I was talking about this with people at work (in Birmingham)... 29 games.... not a single goal...not a worthwhile meaningful contribution... how is starting position justified ???

Just watched it - another pathetic performance, but it was to be expected tbh.  The commentators on Setanta were having a total Liverpool cock suckfest, esp. Martin Fisher.  And were ripping continuously on on Enrique.  Fucking wankers.

Guest Harry-Norway

Well,well,3 of 33 points last 11 games says the most.

Still KK plays Butt,Smith and Duff game after game,they are all wankers but is KK favourites.

We have too start the games with more attacking fotball.that was KK recepie 12 years ago,not defensive as we do game after game,we need points and will not get any more if we dont score goals.

Iam sick of seening NU play on TV every weekendand loooooooooosing every game,thats not my NU.

Most of the problems sits between the ears of the squad cause most of the squad is good players in the end

The management see the players in training everyday and can get inside their heads which we cant.

Match selection must be influenced by who they deem is going to be most prepared after working with them during the week.

If some of them dont seem too bothered about the clubs predicament then that will no doubt influence decisions.

I think that in bad situations like we are in good players will  be ruled out because they are not prepared right attitude wise whereas lesser players may get in because they seem more up for it.

It must be really hard for KK who is critisised so much by others who dont have the insight to how players are in training.

Doug.

Guest salva

the stats for me:

Harper: 6.

Beye: 5.

Taylor: 4.

Faye: 4.

Jose Enrique: 6.

Butt: 5.

Milner: 5.

N'Zogbia: 4.

Duff: 3.

Smith: 3.

Owen: 3.

Subs:

Geremi: 5.

Martins: 7.

the stats for me:

Harper: 6.

Beye: 5.

Taylor: 4.

Faye: 4.

Jose Enrique: 6. tbf, this was probably Jose's worst game ever... im not talking about the goal, but ALL the times he lost the ball.... ****

Butt: 5.  deserved a 5 just when he nicked the ball over gerrard and riise and took it down nicely :D

Milner: 5.

N'Zogbia: 4.

Duff: 3.

Smith: 3. who in their right mind would set up smith as an anchor man to take out gerrard????

Owen: 3.

Subs:

Geremi: 5.

Martins: 7.

Guest battyleespeed

Enrique is clearly unfit. Looks like he has put on some weight since the summer and he looked kind out of sorts mentally as well.

Liverpool obviously had set up a strategy to play through our left flank and it worked for them even. Still Enrique did better than N'Zogbia, mainly because of his better positioning.

KK needs to take some flak for how he setup for this game. Absolutely no imagination with the choices and tactics and I really didn't understand the point of playing Duff with Owen upfront.

Seriously though, I honestly believe Alan Smith has a clause saying he must start every game when fit. It's too much when two managers play him all the time.

Dropped away to Reading.

Only just say Pennants goal this morning - FFS !

We really have nothing going for us and I am not sure any amount of effort is going to reverse things. No matter what we do, I firmly believe that bad luck will ensure we go down

Is it just me, or are people claiming we played 4-5-1 on Saturday. I watched the game and you could quite clearly see that Duff was just off Owen up front.

Owen dropped off when Martins came on, I noticed. Not sure what the point of that was.

Is it just me, or are people claiming we played 4-5-1 on Saturday. I watched the game and you could quite clearly see that Duff was just off Owen up front.

We played 4411

Which means, as you say, he was just off Owen. Might as well be as negative as playing 451.

MARTINS MUST START OR WE WILL GET RELEGATED