Frank Lampard

Guest ObaStar

Think about it, hes pretty old. he will be 30 next year. he only has about another 3 good years in him and I doubt Real Madrid will ever play a 32 year old Frank Lampard. He comes here, he would be one of he final cogs in the wheels of greatness, be a legend, get shit loads of cash and have job security for the last few years of his career. Look at Theirry Henry who hardly gets a game at Barca and when he does its never in his position. If Frankie moves to one of those clubs it will be the same story. Henry was much more dominant in his position here in England than Lampard is. I would rate Essien, Gerrard, Fabregas and Alan Smith as all being better in the Centre Midfield position. And they are all younger. Look when Chelsea first started to buy players like mad they were not top 4 and they were still able to get players to come with money. We have the 3rd richest owner in the Prem, we should be able to do the same with a few players.

Until you started rating Alan Smith higher than Lampard you almost had a good point even though I still think you're high on something for just thinking the thought of having Lampard sign for us.

Ban the f*** already. Clearly trolling.

Like anyone would be banned on your say-so. :lol:

Trolling's ok now? Cool.

Nothing in the rules about whinging for people to be banned either.

Think about it, hes pretty old. he will be 30 next year. he only has about another 3 good years in him and I doubt Real Madrid will ever play a 32 year old Frank Lampard. He comes here, he would be one of he final cogs in the wheels of greatness, be a legend, get shit loads of cash and have job security for the last few years of his career. Look at Theirry Henry who hardly gets a game at Barca and when he does its never in his position. If Frankie moves to one of those clubs it will be the same story. Henry was much more dominant in his position here in England than Lampard is. I would rate Essien, Gerrard, Fabregas and Alan Smith as all being better in the Centre Midfield position. And they are all younger. Look when Chelsea first started to buy players like mad they were not top 4 and they were still able to get players to come with money. We have the 3rd richest owner in the Prem, we should be able to do the same with a few players.

Eh?

someone was dreadfully wrong

I've read it several times, and he is actually saying Alan Smith is better in centre midfield than Frank Lampard.

He is saying that right?

I'm not going blind or mad?

It's the fact he so casually put Smith's name alongside the likes of Essien, Fab and Gerrard that did it for me, as if he's some genuine world class, not even up for debate, central midfielder.

He is also a player that would never sign for Newcastle United

you reckon...say 2 years time,he's been at barcelona and things have went as well for him as terry henry. ashley has spent wads and in 2010 we scarpe 4th place ?

do you think he'd come if we offered the best package and the top 3 didn't want him ?

Guest ObaStar

I think Lampard is highly over-rated tbh. He's not a playmaker, he's a goal-scorer playing in midfield. I'm quite glad he's too good for us really.

I would definitely take 107 goals in 337 appearences from a midfielder over what we currently have. (smith, barton, butt and Emre who have about 3 goals between them in the last 2 years)

I think Lampard is highly over-rated tbh. He's not a playmaker, he's a goal-scorer playing in midfield. I'm quite glad he's too good for us really.

I would definitely take 107 goals in 337 appearences from a midfielder over what we currently have. (smith, barton, butt and Emre who have about 3 goals between them in the last 2 years)

Like I said, a goal-scorer playing in midfield. If he was 24 fair enough, but at his age, no thanks. Let's look for a genuine playmaker instead.

Guest ObaStar

Hypothetically would it be possible to tell a player to refuse all attempts to sign a new contract with his current club by offering to pay him a lump sum of say 10 million pounds so that you could sign him when he was out of contract. This could save you a lot of money on players who would cost a much higher transfer fee and would guarentee signing that player.

he's rob leeish.....more goals and marginally not as good defensivly.

you've got your head up your arse if you wouldn't want him here.

If he doesn't sign a new contract by the summer he will be available for 5 million quid. He is a great player and someone who would be exactly what we need, a strong creative attacking prescence in Midfield. Why not offer him a ridiculous contract for 125 grand a week for a few years and try and get him. It would be well worth it.

no doubt the clowns who applauded him a few years back would agree.

He's not a great player, he's a poor mans Rob Lee in actual fact, a strong player with a big fat arse and a good shot.

If he doesn't sign a new contract by the summer he will be available for 5 million quid. He is a great player and someone who would be exactly what we need, a strong creative attacking prescence in Midfield. Why not offer him a ridiculous contract for 125 grand a week for a few years and try and get him. It would be well worth it.

no doubt the clowns who applauded him a few years back would agree.

He's not a great player, he's a poor mans Rob Lee in actual fact, a strong player with a big fat arse and a good shot.

Been looking?  :shifty:

he's rob leeish.....more goals and marginally not as good defensivly.

you've got your head up your arse if you wouldn't want him here.

I know it sounds ludicrous, but Lampard really isn't the type of player I want in midifeld. Yes he's better than what we've got but that's not saying much. We need a Gascoigne or a Beardsley, players who can make a killer pass or change the game with a bit of vision or skill. I know they don't grow on trees, but before Lampard has the opportunity to tell us to fuck off I'd like to get my retaliation in first.

Frank, thanks but no thanks  :coat: