Birmingham City 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/03/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Full time.

Whilst a point is good, we lost the chance of three points with the substitution of Martins tbh. Can't get my head around that one at all. We were well on top and the spark went instantly.

Pleased with the second half response though, all things considered.

Man of the match was Nicky Butt.

Agreed 100%

Every point counts.

Behind the scenes, there has been talk about wanting 4 points from this and Fulham, we are half way there.

absolutely rancid preformance in the first half. Decent in the second. Staying up is going to be all about being able to play like we did in the second half consistently without having to go through 45 minute of what we did in the first.

Keegan still not winning back my trust with that Martins sub.

Oh well, point is a point though. I'll certainly settle for us no longer being able to drop into the zone in a single gameweek.

Guest nufc222

On the bright side it is the only result which would not end in the forum going down.. so a good result for the mods hurrah O0

on the pitch-

barton shit

butt v.good

geremi average

martins good

beye good

enrique shakey as shit

Performance by Barton was of sub Fumaca standards.

Absolutely terrible. I can't remember one time where he made an easy pass look easy. If he made it at all. How he stayed on is beyond me.

I got my answer. Keegan is clueless when it comes to tactics. Why on earth did he substitute Obafemi Martins? We should have sacked Terry McDermot and Keegan should have gotten his place, and we should have appointed a manager who has followed football in the last 3 years....

Much, much better second half. Martins is our best player, there isn't a doubt in my mind. Setting up chances for others and creating for himself, just what we've been missing lately.

Carrol should've come on for Viduka, he never looked up for it and looked tired in the second half.