Geremi has swapped his legs with Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Geremi's crosses and set pieces are better in Africa than in Europe because his arthritis really kicks in in the colder climate.

In Africa his joints are much more supple due to the warmer climate.

Must have been watching a different game, for me he was rubbish going forward, looked uncomfortable on the ball, lacked pace and his crossing and set pieces were quite frankly laughable, the number of times he failed to clear the first man was ridiculous.  We need far far more from a winger.  For me, next game I'd have zog on left and martins on right, especially at home.

Guest nufc_geordie

Must have been watching a different game, for me he was rubbish going forward, looked uncomfortable on the ball, lacked pace and his crossing and set pieces were quite frankly laughable, the number of times he failed to clear the first man was ridiculous.  We need far far more from a winger.  For me, next game I'd have zog on left and martins on right, especially at home.

Agree totally mate, I actually thought he was worse than Barton.

Guest nufc_geordie

I'm not going to defend Barton as there is no way I can, but there has got to be some miles in the fact that he can't string a run of games together with court appearances, bail conditions etc. getting in the way. Blackburn at home he was starting to look like the Man City player of last year with through balls, driving forwards etc. For me we've got to suck it up and play him every game for the rest of the season to get the best out of him. If Emre ever returns to fitness then I might consider replacing Barton with him but Emre for me doesn't want to be here.

As a person I can't stand Joey Barton. From a footballing point of view, a m,atch fit Barton getting back to the sort of form he had last season is way better than what we have got in centre midfield.

I thought that, the through ball to Owen apart, Barton was as bad as ever against Blackburn. I'm constantly being surprised at how many people thought he had a canny game that day. I agree he's a much better player than we've seen here though.

You can see that Barton has got very good vision. He does often find the right passes, but at the moment, he often lacks the quality to deliver them. It often seems as he's despereate to impress and tries to do too much. I do think it could be valuable to have someone in midfield who doesn't just pass it backwards as soon as he gets the ball, but Barton really must start finding his own team mates for him to be worth keeping.

Thank gawd, some common sense prevails!

Both were absolutely BRUTAL!

If a man cannot even take a decent corner, yuo know his confidence is down and its time to get him off!

2 embarressing performances last night by both these two wasters, so much so I'd rather see smith in there on saturday!

ps: shout out to nicky Butt, poor footballing ability last night but he at lost showd the grit and determination to win challenges and break down play, unlike other two in the middle!

I thought Geremi was abysmal in the first half, he stood frozen like a statue for most of it. He was great 2nd half though, not sure if he's got the legs for 90 mins. Best passer in the midfield at the moment.

The one thing I'll say in Barton's defence is that he didn't hide. It's actually a surprise when he passes to his own team though.

I thought Geremi was abysmal in the first half, he stood frozen like a statue for most of it. He was great 2nd half though, not sure if he's got the legs for 90 mins. Best passer in the midfield at the moment.

The one thing I'll say in Barton's defence is that he didn't hide. It's actually a surprise when he passes to his own team though.

Yep, agree with that. I just can't understand why he can't beat players now. I'm sure I remember him doing it at Citeh?

he does try to beat players but it doesn't come off. Looks way off form at the moment, and I don't think he's that good in any case. He's almost good but doesn't have the speed or skill to quite pull it off.

Guest Brazilianbob

Thank gawd, some common sense prevails!

Both were absolutely BRUTAL!

If a man cannot even take a decent corner, yuo know his confidence is down and its time to get him off!

2 embarressing performances last night by both these two wasters, so much so I'd rather see smith in there on saturday!

ps: shout out to nicky Butt, poor footballing ability last night but he at lost showd the grit and determination to win challenges and break down play, unlike other two in the middle!

Yes I thought Nicky Butt had a solid game last night.  If we had had a little more finess in midfield we could have easily won that game, but I accept taking martins off and settling for a point was the safest course.  Two wins and a couple more draws should be enough to see us relatively safe, unless the bottom clubs go on a winning streak.

Cant fucking understand why he still takes all the corners,free kicks and throw ins!Reckon Enrique should take them from the right side,he would at least get it past the first man!Im not the biggest Emre fan but at least he can whip in a good corner,is he back for the Fulham match?

Today and Birmingham are another example of Geremi starting, and us getting some sort of result this season.

They're also examples of us playing two of the worst teams in the league.

They're also examples of teams whose names begin with a consonant. And get this -- so does Geremi's, so it's HARDLY A FUCKING SHOCK that he played well James, is it?

Christ. Just take a look at the alphabet before you make rash comments lads.

Today and Birmingham are another example of Geremi starting, and us getting some sort of result this season.

:lol:

Tbf, we've only ever won this season when Geremi's been in the team. (IIRC)

They're also examples of teams whose names begin with a consonant. And get this -- so does Geremi's, so it's HARDLY A FUCKING SHOCK that he played well James, is it?

Christ. Just take a look at the alphabet before you make rash comments lads.

Also, if you take the first letter from the words "Geremi," "Fulham" and "Birmingham" and compile it into its more natural state of "GFB," you'll clearly see that it stands for Geremi's Fucking Brilliant. So again, it was written in the stars lads. Let's not act shocked.

:lol:

Tbf, we've only ever won this season when Geremi's been in the team. (IIRC)

In the league yes, Geremi has started every game we have won.