Fulham (h) pre-match thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Caçapa  Enrique

Faye  Butt  N'Zogbia

Viduka

Martins  Owen

N'Zogbia pushing up on the left, Beye on the right.

I think we can afford to move Faye into the midfield at home, he was our weakest defender against Birmingham anyway. Caçapa also gives the back four some quality on the ball.

Barton had better put in a good shift soon, or Keegan might see him as the way the fans are at the minute. Crap, that is.

I'd like KK to set a target for Barton to score a certain number of goals. The guys got it in him he just seems to have lost all his confidence in his attacking play. At home against a piss poor fulham side should be perfect.

That's what I was thinking. Who do Fulham play in CM alongside Bullard?

Danny Murphy, both hugely attacing minded players. Which suggests that there would be space for Barton in behind to link up with Viduka

Harper

Faye   Butt   N'Zogbia

Viduka

Martins   Owen

I think we can afford to move Faye into the midfield at home, he was our weakest defender against Birmingham anyway. Caçapa also gives the back four some quality on the ball.

Presuming Taylor deals with McBride then, that leave Cacapa against Eddie Johnson. Who is a big lad with a fair amount of pace. Not sure that would work very well - the last time Cacapa played against a player with lots of strength he was knocked over like a fairy again and again. Namely Benjani btw.

Harper

Faye   Butt   N'Zogbia

Viduka

Martins   Owen

Presuming Taylor deals with McBride then, that leave Cacapa against Eddie Johnson. Who is a big lad with a fair amount of pace. Not sure that would work very well - the last time Cacapa played against a player with lots of strength he was knocked over like a fairy again and again. Namely Benjani btw.

Agreed.  Faye was dodgy in the last game but otherwise he's been our most reliable player at the back and the only one capable of dealing with McBride. 

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Faye  Enrique

Butt

Emre         Zoggy

Owen    Viduka       Martins

I like that Afro, I like it.

I thought that concentrating on nullifying the threats of a team like Fulham, rather than on our own game, was what everybody slated Allardyce for? If we're playing well, dominating possession and creating chances then Fulham should be reduced to opportunities from set-pieces and Faye can always pick up McBride from there.

Barton had better put in a good shift soon, or Keegan might see him as the way the fans are at the minute. Crap, that is.

I'd like KK to set a target for Barton to score a certain number of goals. The guys got it in him he just seems to have lost all his confidence in his attacking play. At home against a piss poor fulham side should be perfect.

That's what I was thinking. Who do Fulham play in CM alongside Bullard?

Danny Murphy, both hugely attacing minded players. Which suggests that there would be space for Barton in behind to link up with Viduka

If one sits back, (Butt), one bursts forward (Barton) then that should work out quite well, no?

I think people are getting carried away just like in the run up to the bolton game.

i agree.

roy hodgson is no mug and he will try to take advantage of bullard and murphy getting space through the middle and they are clever players who will find space if it's there.it could all depend on how much cover hodgson will leave to cover our forward 3.

One penalty a season Joey, then you can knock off  ;D

hope the weather doesn't play a part.

Unless of course Kasey Keller falls over due to the slippy mud and drops the ball into the goal, followed by him standing the wrong way in the heavy sleet and kicking it into the back of his own net.

2-0 toon.  :laugh2:

We really want to think about signing Bullard.

We really want to think about signing Bullard.

Good player but he's a Londoner and left Wigan because he thought it was too far north. He might have some issues with us on that front tbh.

He wouldn't come? That's a tragedy.

Had my hopes up there.

For a player who is competing with Alan Smith for the record of least attempts on goal during an entire season, setting a goals target might be asking a bit much. How about setting a target for entering the opposition penalty area X amount of times?