Fulham (h) pre-match thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wouldn't be surprised if Martins doesn't play. Might depend on how stroppy he's been about his substitution.

Keegan seemed keen on comforting him though.

We'll see. It will mean he'll have to make a difficult (albiet easy in reality) decision which I fear he'll bottle.

Guest ObaStar

I think Keegan kept Viduka on for the off chance Geremi might put in a good cross. we needed some height at the front. Owen was kept on to put away an chances and by taking of martins for a midfielder it takes pressure of butt and barton and geremi as there is one more of them. It was a safe descision, going for the draw, not the win.

Martins was frustrated at going off. Good. That's what you want from your players imo.

Definitely. He wasn't over the top either (like Keane for Tottenham), just frustrated enough. He must've known that he had a good game, and, like the rest of us, couldn't understand why he was subbed.

I'm sure him and Kev will sort it out, if there's anything to sort out.

I feel that we need to keep the team mostly unchanged for the rest of the season. We need continuity rather than a new spanner in the works every game. For this I'd play anyone instead of Joey, as he had a woeful game against brum.

My prediction is 2-0, Oba and Viduka to score.

Harper

Beye  Faye  Cacapa  Enrique

Geremi     Butt

N'Zogbia

Owen Viduka Martins

That keeps the formation unchanged at least

Martins and N'Zog given free roles could help, but will Milner be available for Fulham?

Martins was frustrated at going off. Good. That's what you want from your players imo.

I don't think it was that big a deal, he was unhappy in the heat of the moment but Keegan will talk to him about it tomorrow and all will be forgotten.

Guest 22bnw

If Oba plays 90 mins of every game from now until the end of the season, we will be fine. Best player at the club and I would have told you that at the beginning of the season.

We'll win.  :coolsmiley:

Long overdue a win and the lads will take heart from that tonight. Fancy us to score a few in the process too tbh.

Aye. I reckon we'll shit 'em.

Trying to tell myself that tonight is just the first step to recovery and to not assume that 3 points is a given on Saturday.

Cant help but think we have a great chance to ease the pressure.

I just wish McBride wasnt fit again

Let's not get too overconfident. We were absolutely s*** in the first half today and we were always good in spells under Keegan. Its the fact that we don't have any consistency that's hurting us.

If we show up in Some patches of Bolton/Middlesbrough/first 20 minutes vs ManU/Blackburn/2nd half today etc. mode we will win this. If not, it's going to be quite the challenge.

Hardly three points in the bag. Bullard and McBride are quality.

Need to score early. Can see McBride scoring for them

Nah, we'll shit 'em.

Our inability to defend crosses is a major concern, always look like conceding whenever the oppo get the ball in the area and with McBrides ariel ability i see him scoring. An early goal for us though and that will deflate their confidence massively though with their away form over last 2 seasons.