Who HAS TO go?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Martins isn't by far our best striker at all. The stats don't even back that up and as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on him. Him and Owen offer different things but essentially they are both goalscorers. I don't know why they can't work together either, especially at home. Beardsley and Cole are an example of two strikers who offered little in the way of physical presence and an aerial threat and yet they thrived here (I'm not saying Owen and Martins would be a carbon copy of that partnership btw). Again though it's Owen v Martins from the perspective of a Toon fan and I still don't get why that has to be the case.

Too right. As far as I'm concerned I feel much more confident we'll get goals with both starting. I'll bet not that many Premier defences are all that confident at the prospect of facing them. Martins is a handful, and Owen's so hard to track.

Guest Hellhammer

What i fear is that Keegan wont dare to bench Owen (for the rest of the season we should ofcourse go with Owen - Martins) when hes fit, and i cant see Owen-Martins as a good striker pair for next season, so thats why i think Martins will leave next season. And Martins compare ot Owen, i would go for Martins any day. Who got the future ahead of them?

And i see Martins as a bigger threat than Owen in most matches. Owen is for me, why past it. If we could manage to get £6-7m for him in the summer then that price will be for his name and not what he have done for Newcastle.

But if Keegan could get them to work together properly then im more than happy with that, but it really would surprise me.

I can't believe i only get one vote.

Shit poll ;)

The way i see it is there is no point in voting for Carr or Ramage who's contract is running out and they are basically gone. We need to get rid of those in the 1st team which are shit.

You cannot look past Smith.

Guest The Corner

Shola, should have been sold years ago, shambles of a footballer/man. Although i has brought some laughs over the years/

Guest 3-1 NYD

I can't believe that only one person has joined me in voting for waste of space Damien Duff.

Has he skinned anyone yet?

Smith - Waste of space

Ameobi - Because he's Ameobi

Ramage - Not good enough

Carr - Will be leaving anyway

Butt - Too old, too slow

Cacapa - Too lightweight

Viduka - Never fit

Emre - Never fit

Barton - Horrendous

Though I would keep some because our squad is too small as it is, but these are all players who have to go in the long run.

Smith - Waste of space

Ramage - Not good enough

Butt - Too old, too slow

Cacapa - Too lightweight

Viduka - Never fit

Emre - Never fit

Barton - Horrendous

Though I would keep some because our squad is too small as it is, but these are all players who have to go in the long run.

I'd probably like to see all those go in the summer, but they won't all go, like you said. Unless we bring in the same amount of players plus 2 or 3 others.

Smith - Waste of space

Ramage - Not good enough

Butt - Too old, too slow

Cacapa - Too lightweight

Viduka - Never fit

Emre - Never fit

Barton - Horrendous

I'd probably like to see all those go in the summer, but they won't all go, like you said. Unless we bring in the same amount of players plus 2 or 3 others.

Don't worry though, West Ham are bound to sign at least 3-4 of those players  :thup:

Guest bobblyrage

Barton, as while we have a host of useless footballers, at least the like of Geremi and Smith stay out of trouble off the pitch. Barton is a liability on and off the pitch. Just a matter of time before he does something else stupid.

I voted for Emre, purely because he's a waste of space who never plays. We're also more likely to con someone for a decent fee for him, compared to the likes of Ramage, Carr and Smith, who we'd struggle to get rid of now.

Agree with this tbh. He's not that great to start with, when you add that to the fact the twat is never available, I'd say he's highly expendable.

I'd rather have Emre play 5 or 6 games a season than Alan Smith play 38.