Jimmy Bullard sign him?

Guest Harry-Norway

This is the player that we need in our midfield next season,agree or not? :yikes:

average player, with a good shot. Good character if you are struggling mind .......

Bullard?  :idiot2: Whats wrong with people.

Hes an overrated piece of s***.

A crime to call him that tbh. No one rates him highly to begin with.

He isn't shit, he isn't a world beater. A good player, good on the ball, good set piece taker. Not a step up for us, more a step across.

Guest Phil K

Was impressed by his never say die attitude and drive....not used to seeing such a thing in a black and white shirt, and thats why we are in the current mess.

Good, honest, hard working player.  I'd like him here to be honest, especially for the £3 million being talked about if Fulham go down.  If Smith is worth 6 million, fuckin' hell...

Look, we paid £6m for Smith, it doesn't mean he's worth £6m!

I was very impressed with his work rate on Saturday, he always wanted the ball and was prepared to take resaponsibility and have a dig at goal. We need that kind of drive from our own players the likes of Joey Barton (whom I thought had a decent game on Sat) could learn a lot from him.

However he lacks that quality, he's a decent pro who's made the most of his talent by sheer hard work and determination.

Not for me but I wouldn't be crying in my pint if he was brought in as a squad player in the summer.

Jimmy Bullard isn't a world beater, but he could do a job for us as a squad player for a couple seasons.  We need more options in our squad, and having Jimmy Bullard come on isn't bad thing considering he tends to have an influence in games and takes decent free kicks.

If Fulham go down, I'd spend £3m to £4m on him.

Guest Stephen927

Bullard is a decent player made to look better than he really is by very average teammates.

He is however, a funny guy. I'll give him that.

Should be signed up as Terry Mac's partner in crime in that case.

Guest Phil K

Good, honest, hard working player.  I'd like him here to be honest, especially for the £3 million being talked about if Fulham go down.  If Smith is worth 6 million, fuckin' hell...

Well put.

Couldn't have put it better and more succinctly meself.....

Look, we paid £6m for Smith, it doesn't mean he's worth £6m!

If you took the "m" off that "£6m", Smith'd STILL be overpriced !

Cheers once again, Allardyce..... :tickedoff:

Well put.

must have missed this post from BlueStar, but agree Phil K, very well said.

Well put.

must have missed this post from BlueStar, but agree Phil K, very well said.

On this basis should we sign anyone going for less that £6m who's better than Smith?

He's a goodish player, certainly wouldn't be a particularly ambitious or exciting signing.

If he was a few years younger and at his current standard with room to improve then maybe, but not at nearly 30. He can only go downhill.

He's a canny player though, odd how it took him so long to get to this level. There's much worse have played their whole careers in the Premiership.