Reyes a Target

Skirge

Hang on.

When he left the Arse, didn't Reyes go on at length about how he couldn't settle in London, with its lack of things to do, and shops which closed every now and then?

So he can't settle in the most multicultural city in the world, but he's expected to settle in Newcastle? Or anywhere else in the UK for that matter?

Disaster waiting to happen.

Hang on.

When he left the Arse, didn't Reyes go on at length about how he couldn't settle in London, with its lack of things to do, and shops which closed every now and then?

So he can't settle in the most multicultural city in the world, but he's expected to settle in Newcastle? Or anywhere else in the UK for that matter?

Newcastle is as multicultural as London tbh.

Hang on.

Is there a Bulgarian community there?

Hang on.

Is there a Bulgarian community there?

Four.

Hang on.

Eh? What's he on about? In Spain they've got fukin siesta and shops close in the middle of the day...

Hang on.

Hate to say it, but it's true. Reyes is exactly the type of player Keegan would target, and IMO is quality, but if he couldn't settle in London, there's no chance here, unless we do a Liverpool and buy half a dozen Spaniards so he'll feel at home.

Hang on.

Hate to say it, but it's true. Reyes is exactly the type of player Keegan would target, and IMO is quality, but if he couldn't settle in London, there's no chance here, unless we do a Liverpool and buy half a dozen Spaniards so he'll feel at home.

totally agree. maybe we can raid valencia, £200m+ in debt and bring in a few of his compatriots.

Guest Petay

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but, I seem to remember a BBC gossip column 'and finally' were he said he dribbled round knomes in his front garden to improve his dribbling.  On that alone I'm sold.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but, I seem to remember a BBC gossip column 'and finally' were he said he dribbled round knomes in his front garden to improve his dribbling.  On that alone I'm sold.

Knomes! Love it.

Sign him up.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but, I seem to remember a BBC gossip column 'and finally' were he said he dribbled round knomes in his front garden to improve his dribbling. On that alone I'm sold.

So it won't take him long to settle in, training with our defence then?

Hang on.

totally agree. maybe we can raid valencia, £200m+ in debt and bring in a few of his compatriots.

I'd be quite pleased with the signing should it happen.

Quality player, but if he had trouble settling in London I don't know how he'd go in Newcastle.

If we got him settled though, he could turn into a very, very handy player for us.

Hang on.

It might be as multicultural (well, it isn't is, it, by a fucking long shot, but that isn't the point), but its also nowhere near as interesting.

Two points:

1) If London wasn't interesting enough for him,. NEwcastle won't be. LEts not get the pathetic provincial blinkers on about that.

2) Why the fuck woudl he want to come here? And dont say fucking Keegan. No player of his age gives a toss about Keegan. I fear we're too small a club for him.

Hang on.

It might be as multicultural (well, it isn't is, it, by a fucking long shot, but that isn't the point), but its also nowhere near as interesting.

Two points:

1) If London wasn't interesting enough for him,. NEwcastle won't be. LEts not get the pathetic provincial blinkers on about that.

2) Why the fuck woudl he want to come here? And dont say fucking Keegan. No player of his age gives a toss about Keegan. I fear we're too small a club for him.

A player of Reyes age would know all about Keegan's Newcastle of the 90's.

Not saying he would want to come here, but if he had any interest in football growing up he would know about Keegan as a manager

Guest MarkMag

Hang on.

It might be as multicultural (well, it isn't is, it, by a f****** long shot, but that isn't the point), but its also nowhere near as interesting.

Two points:

2) Why the f*** woudl he want to come here? And dont say f****** Keegan. No player of his age gives a toss about Keegan. I fear we're too small a club for him.

Are you pissed? Good job you don't work to try and promote are region. Having worked in London and born and bred in the toon I think Our region is as every bit as interesting as London (IMO). Secondly, I reckon he's the kind of player that should come to NUFC; hes far better than any of our midfielders by the way and Keegan would get the best out of him.

I thought Reyes was good for Arsenal (from memory). The only reason they sold him was because he was doing things like refusing to play and not getting stuck in and being an all round twat. Didn't he score quite alot? certainly remember a couple of screamers from him.

Only thing i've seen/read that joins the dots on this is the fact we've got a new scout who's from Seville and Reyes is from Seville.....unless I misread the Comical last night and didn't catch the quotes from Keegan.

Hang on.

It might be as multicultural (well, it isn't is, it, by a f****** long shot, but that isn't the point), but its also nowhere near as interesting.

Two points:

2) Why the f*** woudl he want to come here? And dont say f****** Keegan. No player of his age gives a toss about Keegan. I fear we're too small a club for him.

Are you pissed? Good job you don't work to try and promote are region. Having worked in London and born and bred in the toon I think Our region is as every bit as interesting as London (IMO). Secondly, I reckon he's the kind of player that should come to NUFC; hes far better than any of our midfielders by the way and Keegan would get the best out of him.

No offence, mate, but have you been taking a large quanity of narcotics?

London is one of a handful (ie about 3) global megacities. There is only one city in Europe that even comes near London, and it isn't Newcastle or any other British city.

And as for having heard of Keegan's side of the 90s, Reyes is of Seville gypsy stock. He''d have been a teenager in the mid 90s. How closely do we really think he'd have kept tabs on Keegan's side of the era?

I love football. It makes us all don enormous blinkers and throw reason to the wind.

Not sure what people are talking about when they say if Wenger couldn't get the best out of him, I always found him to be a top quality player at Arsenal until his head was turned by Real Madrid, I always remember people comparing him and Ronaldo at the time yet one has gone on to be one of the best players in the World and the other has completely lost his way.

Could go either way this one, I think he's worth the risk though.