Faye 7.5

Enrique 8

Geremi 8.5

Butt 9

Barton 8.5

Owen 8

Viduka 7

Martins 8.5

Harper is worth more than 6.5, he couldn't do anything about the goal and the rest of his play was good, much better than we've seen from Given and possibly why the defence looked quite calm for most of the game, we even had to defend for about 10 minutes in the second half.

Geremi has been superb since he came back, how many goals has he contributed towards? far better player than Milner despite having the legs of a 40 year old. Martins supplies that bit of extra pace into the team that it was crying out for, so important to this particular formation.

Also, Enrique, such a classy player and never looks out of his depth or overly troubled. makes a mockery of playing N'Zogbia there earlier in the season.

Wow, what a game. So many positives, and I could wax lyrical about most of our first 11 today but I'd like to reserve special praise for Barton and Martins.

For me, Barton had his best game in a black and white shirt today. His passing was good, his tackling was good, but the main thing that stood out for me was his drive in getting forward with the ball. He reminded me a lot of Rob Lee today with his forward play and range of passing. He had a few shots as well, looked more keen to shoot than I seem to remember for a long time and that was nice to see.

Martins is often criticised for being brainless when in posession, but I was really impressed with his use of the ball today. He picked some great passes out and I can't remember him misplacing a pass all game. He looked a lot more aware of his colleagues today, and took his goal really well. Great all-round performance from him.

That breakaway that ended with Barton passing it to Martins was just awesome. I saw a goal from the moment it started, got more and more excited the further up the pitch we got, leading to an orgasm as Oba scored.

Wow, what a game. So many positives, and I could wax lyrical about most of our first 11 today but I'd like to reserve special praise for Barton and Martins.

For me, Barton had his best game in a black and white shirt today. His passing was good, his tackling was good, but the main thing that stood out for me was his drive in getting forward with the ball. He reminded me a lot of Rob Lee today with his forward play and range of passing. He had a few shots as well, looked more keen to shoot than I seem to remember for a long time and that was nice to see.

Martins is often criticised for being brainless when in posession, but I was really impressed with his use of the ball today. He picked some great passes out and I can't remember him misplacing a pass all game. He looked a lot more aware of his colleagues today, and took his goal really well. Great all-round performance from him.

Barton does deserve praise for today, he even looked like a footballer for 90 minutes, I didn't expect to see that, he had a great game.

Geremi has been superb since he came back, how many goals has he contributed towards? far better player than Milner despite having the legs of a 40 year old. Martins supplies that bit of extra pace into the team that it was crying out for, so important to this particular formation.

Also, Enrique, such a classy player and never looks out of his depth or overly troubled. makes a mockery of playing N'Zogbia there earlier in the season.

:nods:

Guest daveb

Barton does deserve praise for today, he even looked like a footballer for 90 minutes, I didn't expect to see that, he had a great game.

He was also very good last week.

Geremi has been superb since he came back, how many goals has he contributed towards? far better player than Milner despite having the legs of a 40 year old.

Couldn't disagree more.

Sure, Geremi can hit a ball. But he can't beat a man. He's got little pace and even less skill. He's got a great workrate and a great right foot, but that's about all he is for me.

Geremi is playing better since he came back from the ACN, but since he was playing so terribly to start with that's hardly anything to get excited about. Considering the improvement Geremi has made under Keegan, I'd be keen to see what improvements Milner can make under him before I start saying that Geremi is now a better player than Milner.

Guest mobiius

Wish we were mathematically safe though, still a little nervy.

for fuck sake man are you having a laugh. we all have those thoughts but we have just done spuds many goals to one, yeah that was the spuds, away from home,in lahndan 4 goals to 1 just let us bask in the glory that has been missing for the best part of the season and enjoy it for what it is. The media will no doubt have their usual negative input tomorrow, we don't need it from one of our own mate.

:nods:

Agree but would still replace Geremi next term.

Couldn't disagree more.

Sure, Geremi can hit a ball. But he can't beat a man. He's got little pace and even less skill. He's got a great workrate and a great right foot, but that's about all he is for me.

Geremi is playing better since he came back from the ACN, but since he was playing so terribly to start with that's hardly anything to get excited about. Considering the improvement Geremi has made under Keegan, I'd be keen to see what improvements Milner can make under him before I start saying that Geremi is now a better player than Milner.

Before Keegan arrived we won more games with Geremi than without, even when he looked poor we won more with him than without.

Garth Crooks' Team Of The Week contains two Newcastle players (both 'on the bench', as it were, not in the team), and it's Faye and Beye >_<  Otherwise it's a Man U- and Arsenal-fest.  Sounded like we deserved more representation than that.

Of course, Spurs were just coasting.  Nowt to play for.  Derby would've beaten them today, etc.

He always picks Beye.