Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Class yesterday like.

Looked like the player we were all hoping for when we signed him.

yeah he is looking good. so is geremi.

and i think most of their success can be tracked back to Nicky Butt who has been absolutely outstanding the last 3 games. Fair play to the trio.

Very true. All 3 have been excellent.

As someone near me said yesterday, he's definitely going to jail like.

The way the government have fcuked up the prison system if he does go down at all it won't be for long, they hardly put real criminals behind bars at the moment and even let terrorists out early.

Guest Phil K

As someone near me said yesterday, he's definitely going to jail like.

The way the government have fcuked up the prison system if he does go down at all it won't be for long, they hardly put real criminals behind bars at the moment and even let terrorists out early.

I've voted Labour my entire life - I've even canvassed for them - but no more.

Not just criminals & terrorists being mollycoddled and helped.

Why should my family pay through the nose for the likes of prescription fees and my son saddled with a huge student loan (with interest and tuition fees) while asylum seekers and even illegall immigrants from third world countries get EVERYTHING (and I mean EVERYTHING) free and get priority from the unelected to the position "rusty bikes" at the council in getting council houses above and before our own people ?

Sorry about the un-football rant, but its a very sore point with me.

VERY sore point, and getting sorer.... :angry:

I feel very torn over Barton

When he got done just before Christmas I was livid and wanted him sacked and to be no where near a Black and White shirt ever again.

I had had an argument with my Dad saying that he needed to be given the benefit of the doubt and should be judged from here on in (start of the season this was).

My opinion then was hightened by that ridiculous interview Gabby Logan did where she just bleated on about his brother non-stop.

Now though, we appear to be seeing glimpses of the player I was excited about signing. But still this thing hangs over his head and I am not sure what to think about him.

He will score against the mackems, might be a cunt don't care. People seems unable to see what will happen to him in the future he has fucked up but you shouldn't automatically assume that he is going to be like that in the future.

R.E Bartons jail issue.

If he were to serve time it would only be a few months, which in the long run isn't TOO bad. Would be nice for him to avoid it though.

Guest Phil K

He will score against the mackems, might be a c*** don't care. People seems unable to see what will happen to him in the future he has f***** up but you shouldn't automatically assume that he is going to be like that in the future.

He should be quite aware he's on a "last chance" he'll be an absulute spectacular idiot if he f***s up in the same way again.

I too think he'll do the biz against the makems and make himself a hero - he's getting there quite nicely already - note the cheering when he got MotM ?

Has anyone else noticed a "new" Joey Barton in recent games?

When he is fouled, rather than spring up with aggression and confront the offender, he has been very forgiving shaking hands and trying to help the player not get booked by talking to the ref. 

His overall persona seems to be that of a calmer man making a huge effort to change from the tormented demonic madman that we have seen and heard of from his recent past.

Is he having anger management councelling at the Sporting Chance Clinic as part of his bail conditions maybe?

Seems as good a thread as any to jack.

It's only a few weeks since most people wanted him out as he was playing like shite AND in trouble with the rozzers.

Has he done enough in the last few games to suggest he has a future here, regardless of the off-field troubles? Added a poll.

He's an average midfielder/footballer who has that added extra bit of drive and shooting as part of his natural game. He's always going to be someone not scared to take on a shot or pass forward if its on. Well worth sticking by.

Never wanted him in the first place but he is here and after he had a good pre-season then that injury, then all the other bollocks that has gone on with him, he has now of late started to show a bit of form and has seemed to be able to control his temper on the pitch. So I voted YES ans I think he deserves another season to prove himself.

I don't mean as a straight 1st choice starter but as part of the squad, rather him than Smith anyway.

All i want for him is to stay out of trouble on and off the pitch, and play like he used too.

He's doing that now, and i hope he continues, if so, he has my backing. Call it fickle if you want, i just want what's best for my club, and the new Barton is canny, and i'd like to see more of it.

Anymore of the old, and he can fuk off and be sued by the club for being a cunt.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

il be at his court case as a trainee, so im quite excited, but IMO, deciding if he should stay is pointless, because its nailed on hes going down

Obviously jail time affects his availability, and attacking teamates is both abhorrent and poor for team morale, but apart from something extreme like that, what does it matter what a footballer does or what his personality is like off the pitch as long as he's producing the goods on it?

Maradona was hardly a saint, yet practically every fan of any club in the world would give their right arm to have him in their current team.

I just voted yes as well.

There are a number of factors that could have effected his early form, if his mind was elsewhere i.e. worries about jail etc and getting over a pretty serious injury, metatarsal I think(?) could also weigh on his mind.

If he is receiving councelling as part of his bail conditions I think it is pretty clear that it is working.  He is a calmer more confident player and probably due a goal to complete the turn around.

(Just no dodgy celebrations please!!!!!!!!! Corner flag Knighthoods etc!)

Certainly deserves to stay, but I think he'll need more competition to keep on pushing him to that next level.

In fairness to most on here, the consensus when he signed that we were getting as close to a Gerrard sort as a club our size could manage. He had been the fulcrum for a decent City side for a few years and had shown some real promise on numerous occasions.

I think most, including the club, felt let down that he's got himself into even more bother after he'd been taken out of Manchester on a day-to-day basis and that, allied with some truly questionable performances (quite probably due to his off the field troubles) had caused a lot to lose faith in him.

It was fair enough, I think, considering it was something of a two-pronged thing - he'd been a cunt off the park and he was playing shite on it. Now he's sorting himself out on the pitch and playing like he can, but he's still got stuff hanging over him hasn't he?

He's a funny one, and we probably won't see the best of him until the court stuff is all behind him, but he's definitely worth sticking by.

• 2 weeks later...

Sir Bobby on Barton -

''One or two of the players are looking better now than three months ago, particularly Joey Barton.''

"He's beginning to look a player. A few weeks ago you wouldn't have paid £1m for him, now he's looking like a £5m player because of his attitude, his fitness; he's back in the groove.''

he need to shorted his off pitch attitude first... then he will have future here... i think we may not need to praise him... keep him under pressure always... so he can keep his head down always... so he'll be always under control

• 1 month later...
Guest loonietoonie

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has admitted assault and affray, it can be reported.

The 25-year-old was arrested in Liverpool city centre in the early hours of December 27 after becoming involved in a confrontation outside a McDonald's restaurant.

Barton, who has one England cap, admitted the charges last month but reporting restrictions were only lifted at Liverpool Crown Court on Tuesday, where he was being sentenced.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8701_3588537,00.html