Relegation Fodder

Fatwax

Guest pistonism

Seol from Fulham.

If then, I could at least get the half-full coverage of all Newcastle games in Korea whether he has started the game or not.

And except that,

I would bring Clint Dempsey if we can't lure Jimmy Bullard

Guest pistonism

WTF has Bullard done that makes everyone want him?!?! I really can't see how he'd improve us.

FM 2007

What do people think about Antti Niemi at Fulham? Is he better or worse than Jussi at Bolton?

Plenty of decent hard working squad players in those squads, but not really anyone who could immediately improve our starting XI.

Niemi is Finished mate!

Seol from Fulham.

If then, I could at least get the half-full coverage of all Newcastle games in Korea whether he has started the game or not.

And except that,

I would bring Clint Dempsey if we can't lure Jimmy Bullard

Never and Never

WTF has Bullard done that makes everyone want him?!?! I really can't see how he'd improve us.

Soccer am.

It really surprises me how Bullard has garnered so much attention in the media. I cannot claim to watching every minute he has played but the times I have had a look he has been OK, not special. A couple of killer free kicks and some hustle and his reputation is made??!!??

As others have said and I'll not even attempt at being original Giles Barnes is about the only player worth taking a look at.

Off topic a little, isn't it strange that within a couple weeks, the relegation fight has gone from looking like being one of the most exciting in years with up to 8 teams being in danger to a bit of a snorefest, with the little chance of the bottom 3 altering before the curtain comes down. Sure Fulham or Bolton could catch up Wigan or Brum, but neither team appears good enough to string any form together.

The only Bolton player i've been impressed with this season belongs to Liverpool.

Danny Guthrie? No goals and no assists! Oooh yes please. Steinsson and Cahill are both cracking players imo and would be good acquisitions. Only those two from the three relegated teams would be worth a punt. 

Totally agree with that.

Steinson really gets up and down the flank well and has an excellent cross on him. For anything less than £3m I'd take him as competition for Beye.

Cahill looks like he could settle well next to an established centre half too.

None of them would be first teamers for me, but I'd take;

Volz (replacement for Carr)

McBride

Bullard

Barnes

Bouazza

Diouf

Gardner

Vaz Te

No

No

No

Maybe

No

No

No

No

:)

Agree, except;

Maybe

No

No

Maybe

No

No

No

No

There's a reason these teams are being relegated....

In fairness, there has been some good players relegated over the years who've signed for another Premiership club and done well. Off the top of my head;

Andy Johnson

Phil Jagielka

Ashley Young (albeit he went in Jan, Watford were virtually down)

Darren Bent

Joe Cole

Carrick

I'm sure there are loads more though.

In fairness, there has been some good players relegated over the years who've signed for another Premiership club and done well. Off the top of my head;

Andy Johnson

Phil Jagielka

Ashley Young (albeit he went in Jan, Watford were virtually down)

Darren Bent

Joe Cole

Carrick

I'm sure there are loads more though.

Fair point, but they are just examples. Look at the teams going down, and you'll not find a single Joe Cole or Michael Carrick.

The one with potential is Barnes though.

I reckon a lot of people would have taken Diouf here six months ago. I wouldn't sniff at him on the cheap; very talented player. Could be useful if we're going 4-3-3 aswell...

Not on my 'wishlist' or anything like.

There really is fuck all worth nabbing in the relegation teams this season is there. :undecided:

Poor management?

Allardyce and Coleman wouldn't have those teams at the bottom IMO.

But really only because teams like the mackems would have got relegated instead, and their players are all rubbish as well

Volz would be an acceptable second choice RB to replace Carr.

What I've seen of Volz I like but I've never understood why he hasn't had regular games over the last couple of years.

Must be a reason.

Having said that, a right back with one leg would be a step up from fatty.