Harper or Given?

Rocker
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally I think he should get eased back into the team, I know it's kind of harsh on Harper, but I still consider Given to be the better of the two and that for me means he gets the place. I remember when this question would have been met sniggering. Not a dig at yourself, not in the slightest, I just find the views on Given awful odd some times. 

Still a nice question to be left with though, we're lucky to have the pair of them.

Harper, but its a romantic notion.

Both Keepers have gone downhill, Harper through not playing, Given through various injuries and shit put infront of him. Given still probably has the edge on the playing side though.

Will be annoyed if Harper is ejected as soon as Given is fit, he has earnt his run in the team. Just a shame he wasnt involved more regularly or he might have caught the English camps eye.

Given hasn't been the same since the Harewood incident, sadly. Right now, Harper, mainly because we don't have to worry about his groin injury every time he goes to kick the ball. Stick Given in and he'll be on the treatment table again with the same recurring injury problem 2 or 3 games later. Might as well let Harper have the consistency of playing game in, game out.

Guest teepee

i am very very surprised by this vote - i would have thought that given would win anyday. he certainly is my best bet.

ideally we can keep both though

Given, when fit, is simply a better keeper. Harper deserves all the starts he gets at the minute though.

I completely agree, sadly I don't think we've seen a fully fit Given since the Harewood challenge, I just hope we will again

My ideal scenario would see them both replaced by a better keeper.

But of the two I'd choose Harper.

this.

if given was a liner before, he's even more so now he's lost his bottle.

would rather see the back of them both though

This is a question which hardly needs to be asked - remember that famous thread - 'Given beaten easily again from long Range'..!??

It was discussed ad infinitum then, but it has been obvious that the defence has looked far more confident with Harper behind them(I doubt that Given would have made the save Harper did early in the Spurs game, and he had no chance at all with Bent's header).

At present, Harper should be between the sticks - maybe in time KK will buy another keeper, but Harper is doing nothing that deserves to cost him his place, and in my view, should NOT have been dropped by Allardyce when Given became fit again.

Harper until Jussi signs in the summer!  :rolleyes:

Jaaskalinen is not the answer. He is no better than either of them.

I think Harper should be in, this season and next, if it means Given strops off and we manage to get a decent fee for him so be it. I would then look to bring through Krul / Forster / Soderberg in the way that City have brought through Joe Hart - a keeper doesn't need to be in over 25 to be quality and it'd be such a shame if we ended up losing all / any of these keepers because we were signing keepers like Jaaskalinin or Niemi who are nearing the end of their career.