Owen - Appreciation Thread

Decky

What can i say, i got his name on my top at the start of the season, grew to doubt him, all of a sudden he is scoring every game, the man is FUCKING BRILLIANT, lets have some appreciation!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest sicko2ndbest

walkin in an owen wonderland

top man, anyone would think he is playin for a new contract.  :iamatwat:

keep it up mickey boy

Englands best finisher. Not the best techincally by a long shot but the guy does what he is paid to do.

Going to be a nervous summer to see if we can hang on to him.

Its nice to see him enjoy his football again. Not sure I have seen him with such a smile on his face for a long time.

countless owen haters are sitting tight lipped of late and hopefully they'll stay that way.

Nah, the people who claimed he was finished and would sell him for something ridiculous like £6m should really come in here and admit "I was an idiot."  ;)

countless owen haters are sitting tight lipped of late and hopefully they'll stay that way.

Owen answering his critics with good leadership, all-round play and quality finishing

Bang on.

I've been backing Owen and taking flak from other Newcastle fans and rival fans.

Thanks to Owen for showing he still is a massive threat in the Premiership, and for Newcastle.

Guest The Libertine

doesnt care about us, definitely wants to move, only cares about the money, past it, only cares about england etc...

all those wannabe ITK's look like the fools they are. a new contract for him is a must.

I wanted rid of him last summer tbh, mainly based on the facts that he was totally unsuited to Allardyce's football, and that I didn't think there was any chance that he was here for the long-term anyway.

My first issue is no more, and it does look very encouraging regarding the second since KK came in.

That said, been so impressed with how well he's played in his new position. More and more it looks to be the way forward for him.

Good times. :thup:

Guest Stephen927

To be honest, this applies to Barton too;

We should cut our losses and flog them in the summer.

>:D

mackems.gif

Guest LucaAltieri

Owen has not really shown any significant improvement in his play to be honest.

....because he was a good player to begin with.

Anyway, now is the time to give him a new contract. Even if he's hitting a run of form and attracts the attention of bigger clubs we're still not going to get enough money for him to justify his sale.

He's still a big name and I'm sure he brings in a lot of money for us from abroad. Replacing him won't be cheap if we're buying quality. The goals he's scored for us this season (and the goals he's likely to score next season) have been more valuable than whatever money another club would be willing to offer for a player with his injury record.

The fact that Owen seems to now be finally doing the business doesn't prove anyone right or wrong. 

When he was shite earlier in the season, he was truly shite & didn't look interested.  Had that continued he should have been moved on in the summer, same as anyone else performing that poorly should have.

Now he's playing well & for the team, he deserves the praise he's getting, just like he deserved the criticism he got.

The fact that Owen seems to now be finally doing the business doesn't prove anyone right or wrong. 

When he was shite earlier in the season, he was truly shite & didn't look interested.  Had that continued he should have been moved on in the summer, same as anyone else performing that poorly should have.

Now he's playing well & for the team, he deserves the praise he's getting, just like he deserved the criticism he got.

Aye that's a really good point actually.

Now that he actually seems to give a toss, he is playing how he should. Defiantly a key player in the current formation, be interesting to see if him becoming captain has had an affect i.e team talks etc.

To an extent I agree with you, but this is the first time (possibly since he's been here) that he's had a consistent runs of games and he's looking much better for it.

I agree with that it's just the people saying that he was finished that annoyed me and a few others.

Guest Stephen927

Coming deeper to get the ball is helping his game loads. He's more involved and fresh, rather than stagnating up front waiting for a through ball or a loose ball in the box.