Deco & if not him then it is Joao Moutinho

Thespence

Guest johnson293

Either would be nice but sadly neither will happen. But hey, here's hoping.

Aye, hoping is all it'll be form the looks of it...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=727622

Deco To Replace Lampard At Chelsea?

Barcelona’s Portuguese playmaker Deco is in line to replace Frank Lampard at Chelsea, according to reports...

The midfielder will join the Blues in a £15 million deal later this summer and his arrival is almost certain to mean the end of Lampard’s Stamford Bridge career.

The news of Deco’s imminent arrival is likely to increase speculation that either Luiz Felipe Scolari or Frank Rijkaard will take the vacant manager’s job at the Bridge.

Deco has close links with both men, playing under Scolari currently for the Portuguese national side whilst having spent a number of years playing for Rijkaard at Barcelona.

The Barcelona man’s arrival may also mean that Frank Lampard has played his last game for the club with Inter Milan likely to be the England midfielder’s most likely destination.

Jose Mourinho is thought to be keen on bringing the midfielder to Inter and Deco’s arrival and the lack of a confirmed manager at Chelsea for next season may just influence Lampard to move.

Although the capture of Deco would be quite a coup for the London club, the departure of Lampard would be a major blow.

Lampard has enjoyed a wonderful career at Stamford Bridge making over 300 appearances for the club and scoring over 100 goals since joining the club from West Ham in 2001.

The midfielder has won two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and two League Cups during his time at Stamford Bridge, which now looks to be reaching its end.

I sure some people would find fault at signing Ronaldo or Messi, almost any transfer link we have had some people have just hammerred it.

Deco is a class above anyone we got in our squad, yes he is getting on a bit and maybe his fee would be too much for us, but we would be very lucky to have a player like Deco playing for us next season.

I sure some people would find fault at signing Ronaldo or Messi, almost any transfer link we have had some people have just hammerred it.

Deco is a class above anyone we got in our squad, yes he is getting on a bit and maybe his fee would be too much for us, but we would be very lucky to have a player like Deco playing for us next season.

The important factor isn't Deco's undoubted quality, it's whether he would be prepared to come here. I doubt it so I wouldn't waste too much time over  the prospect.

Ronaldo literally cannot play any better, he's at his peak - there's nowhere left for him to go but down, now. We should be looking to sign someone on their way up as opposed to making an investment that will depreciate.

As for Messi, have you checked up on his history? Growth hormone treatment as a kid? That body of his only has a few years of play in it - and most of them have been spent. At a club with a history of injury trouble like our's, he'd be mooing within a fortnight.

Ronaldo literally cannot play any better, he's at his peak - there's nowhere left for him to go but down, now. We should be looking to sign someone on their way up as opposed to making an investment that will depreciate.

this is a very, very good point - he's not only reached personal level of fitness and ability that outstrips his peers more importantly he's playing in a team that is virtually geared towards creating space for him to mauraud (sp?) about in

should he leave man u in the next couple of years i'd strongly predict he'll never come close to the last couple of seasons

this is a very, very good point - he's not only reached personal level of fitness and ability that outstrips his peers more importantly he's playing in a team that is virtually geared towards creating space for him to mauraud (sp?) about in

should he leave man u in the next couple of years i'd strongly predict he'll never come close to the last couple of seasons

Right now he is the face of Man United. He sets the toneand has a great influence for the team. It is essentially his team right now. They look to him to make things happen when they attack. It's a great position to be in at one of the top clubs in the world and quite frankly I think he is crazy to want to go to Madrid.

At Madrid he just will not have the same status on the team. It is always going to be a team of galacticos and they will always bring in other big name and big ego players. Ronaldo will not hold the same importance or influence on the pitch. His teammates just aren't likely to allow him to be the focal point in the same way he is at Man U.

In other words there will be major hateration. Van nistelhorse is going to want to do his thing. Sneijder being the brilliant player he is is going to want to do his thing. Robinho is going to want to do his thing. The king of Real, Raul is going to want to do his thing too. I just don't think it'll gel that well and the chemistry could be quite poor. I don't really see Ronaldo blending in with so many other players of this type.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think he would do as well there.

Guest MagFinnPie

Joao Moutinho = Hugo Viana

not quite, he's actually played several seasons for Sporting starting XI and hugo only had one(not even always starting)

to  be played out of position doesn't always help you either

I wouldn't buy Deco even if he'd come.  He's 31 in two months and they want, what?, £15 million for him?  Then he'd want massive wages on a decent length contract.  We'd end up spending £30 million on a player who's legs would fall off within a couple of seasons, he'd end up like Viduka but on even higher wages, hobbling down to Gregg's on his zimmer frame to spend his £100,000 a week on sausage and bean melts.

• 1 month later...

just been reading the bbc website and there is a toon fan apparently ITK, who says moutinho will be unveiled with collocini before the valencia game. good if true. this might be a load of balls just thought i'd post since this guy seems pretty insistent as to what is going on.