Talks: Summer transfer forum proposal - from page 7

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

may be a good idea with a particular thread for "published " rumours so everyone can see just how much the press make up. i have a feeling this may be the silliest of selly seasons and for all evryone slags off the press i think deep down there are quite a few who swallow every word.

How about sticking high brow transfer rumours in here and low brow ones in the new transfer forum.

Who determines the situation of the brow is another question.

what is a high brow transfer rumour ?

How about sticking high brow transfer rumours in here and low brow ones in the new transfer forum.

That my friend is the answer we all seek ...

Joleon Lescott

That my friend is the answer we all seek ...

And you can bet your bottom dollar that people would complain about the interpretation.

The one giant "rumors" thread really wouldn't work - bad idea.  Same to the "weekly rumors" one. 

For organization's sake, I think it's tidier to have the Transfer forum or a make it a sub-forum of the Football one for those who are worried about bookmarks and whatnot.

IMO, each player linked/rumored should get a thread for the entire window and any news/"news" regarding that player - whether at the start, middle, or end of the window - should go in that thread.  I think this makes it easiest for those interested to keep track of any developments.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

I think you need to ask:

Is is broken? Not yet it's not.

Will it break? Maybe, but why not wait and see?

What are the risks involved? Could it harm the forum rather than help it?

What you did last year with the takeover seemed to work, sticky a thread and update it with ACTUAL signings and confirmed interest stories, and leave all the other rumours to threads about the players being linked.

Or just check nufc.com for their updates.

Depends on how many players we get linked with. Madras is right, i sense a silly off-season too and the numbers of players linked in any form could be 60+. A separate forum with a thread for each player would work quite well.

Ban anyone without warning for 2 days if they start a duplicate thread.

Transfer forum would be good, even better if we could get it sooner as alot of threads are being made now about players. It will be good to talk about NUFC and world football without have the forum full of threads on players that might come here.

Guest guinness_fiend

We could have a single sticky on transfers (and rumours).

Each member of admin could pick a newspaper/source of their choice and then update accordingly.  That way, we would get the full spectrum of shite from the tabloids and websites without having to resort to ITKs claiming that Cristiano Ronaldo is on his way up here because 'That's what the bloke at the chippy said, and his mate is knobbing the barmaid at Shearer's, so she'd know."

I can appreciate that it would create an extra job for admin - but it may be the only way to stem the flow of idiotic threads that will invariably crop up over the summer.

by the way newcastle seem to be signing a 14 year old midfielder from besiktas Kubilay Yavuz, he seems to be highly rated in besiktas as a hardworking team player. but aint 14 a bit to young for a player...his free as his to young to sign a contract..

No.

Simply because there is nothing really else going on in the summer.

Transfers take over, there's nothing wrong with that imo, just as games take priority on the day, so what? Its part and parcel of a season and should be part of the main footie forum imo.

I voted yes, but when I read your comments I did think twice.  You make a good point, would the non-transfer talk section be that busy in the summer? doubt it.

No.

Transfers take over, there's nothing wrong with that imo, just as games take priority on the day, so what? Its part and parcel of a season and should be part of the main footie forum imo.

I voted yes, but when I read your comments I did think twice.  You make a good point, would the non-transfer talk section be that busy in the summer? doubt it.

People say the Euro's will keep us busy, but what will everyone be talking about? Shop window, each thread will turn into a transfer debate.

No.

People say the Euro's will keep us busy, but what will everyone be talking about? Shop window, each thread will turn into a transfer debate.

The Euro's would have kept us busy, if we were in them! interest will still be there by most fans, but there will still be a 20% to 30% less chat on that subject simply as England aren't playing.

• 2 weeks later...