Favourite non-NUFC current player

Mowen

Well, who is it then? Can be for any reason, loving their style of play to wanting them to play against you every week (M. Dawson). Home or abroad, doesn't matter, just as long as they don't play for the club you support (to include the brummies and 1878s of this world).

At this moment in time I'd probably go for Fernando Torres. I don't really watch enough foreign football to pick someone like Messi, and I just love watching Torres play, he makes Liverpool watchable for me. He really seems to have it all; skill, pace, power, finishing ability and not too bad in the air either. To top it off he seems to have a decent attitude in my experience of watching him, in that he doesn't seem to dive / cheat / get in the refs face / generally make my blood boil like some brilliant players do (see C. Ronaldo).

I've put current in the title because I want to know who's exciting now, and I certainly can't be arsed with a "it's a different game since Pele's day" argument.

Guest BudBud

Messi around christmas was great, Pato looks rather interesting and Jimmy Bullard as the one playing in England

It would be Torres or C. Ronaldo if they played for somebody else.

But, I'm not sure i have one anyway, i have admiration and respect for a lot of players (including Senderors ;)) but favs? Doesn't really sit with me.

Agreed....Ronaldo by a mile even though it pains me to say it.

I love watching Ronaldo play, but I'm not sure I could ever feel enough affection/empathy towards him to consider him my 'favourite' non-NUFC player. I guess it comes down to your definition of favourite, but he's too much of a cunt to take that role for me, much as he's a joy to watch most of the time.

Well, who is it then? Can be for any reason, loving their style of play to wanting them to play against you every week (M. Dawson). Home or abroad, doesn't matter, just as long as they don't play for the club you support (to include the brummies and 1878s of this world).

At this moment in time I'd probably go for Fernando Torres. I don't really watch enough foreign football to pick someone like Messi, and I just love watching Torres play, he makes Liverpool watchable for me. He really seems to have it all; skill, pace, power, finishing ability and not too bad in the air either. To top it off he seems to have a decent attitude in my experience of watching him, in that he doesn't seem to dive / cheat / get in the refs face / generally make my blood boil like some brilliant players do (see C. Ronaldo).

I've put current in the title because I want to know who's exciting now, and I certainly can't be arsed with a "it's a different game since Pele's day" argument.

You watching the same fella as me? Hell of a player though.

On footballing ability love watching Ronaldo and Messi but favourite non Toon player would be Reno Gattuso.

Messi around christmas was great, Pato looks rather interesting and Jimmy Bullard as the one playing in England

I like your call of Bullard... thinking outside the box a bit. Got a great deal of affection for him as well, as most people involved in football seem to.