Moments that took your breath away *DO NOT POST YOUTUBE CLIPS*

Mowen

Martins goal practically writes it's self into youtube :)

Watching Zizo vs Leverkusen always gives me a chill, pure worldclass. On his left, on the volley, in the final.

That Ginola goal against Ferencvaros. Roberts brace against spurs.

The one that i saw live most recent would have to be Emre's versus Reading last year, just because it was the winner.

Yes, this was also a classic - anyone remember Supermac's goal against Leicester in the first home game of 75-76? A great move involving Bruce, Nattrass and Mickey Burns jumping over the ball as Macdonald hit it, just inside the Leicester half after we had broken out from their corner kick..

He hit it, on the run, with his famous left foot and it screamed past their keeper into the top corner - he was still diving when it was in the back of the net..

Unfortunately, no TV coverage that day - it would have been one of the goals of all time and certainly goal of the season. I've never seen a shot hit so hard, even Shearer's goal against Everton wasn't as fast.

Aye, I was there that day. The keeper was a young Mark Wallington, who went on to play for them for years. Supermac's comments in the paper the next day "The keeper showed his inexperience by even attempting to go for that"  ;D

Guest walkerboy

took my breath away for a different reason

Top Home Attendance:

59,309 vs. Anderlecht - 4th Round 18th March 1970

leading 3-0 after being beating 2-0 away-whole ground singing going mental- frank clark stretchered off-marching on in Europe for a second season and then they scored-whole ground was just silent-gutted-out on away goals rule and on my birthday!!

Roberto Carlos' free kick in the Tournoi in 97.

Also scored a cracker from near the corner flag for Real.

Loads to choose from though. :)

That one in Le Tournai was ridiculous.

Roberto Carlos' free kick in the Tournoi in 97.

Also scored a cracker from near the corner flag for Real.

Loads to choose from though. :)

That one in Le Tournai was ridiculous.

When he started his run up you knew he was going to smash it but to bend it around the wall and back inside the post was just insane. Never seen a ball move as much in the air as that shot did.

I agree with most of the above with Walcotts run being the latest one.

Some more:

Shearer against Chelsea where he turned Desailly and lashed it in the top corner.

Bergkamp V Argentina France 98.

Rob Lee Header against Chelsea at Wembley.

Giggs V Arsenal 99 Semi.

Guest East Stander

Shearer's free kick against Spuds in the semi. Especially heartwarming to remember since it was 9 years ago today!

Free-Kick?

I thought it was a lay-off and he just whacked it in the top corner. Amazing goal though. :)

When you get to my age, everything becomes blurred!! I stand suitably corrected and chastised.

Rob Lee Header against Chelsea at Wembley.

Probably the best single moment I can think of supporting the Toon. Wembley went mental.

Although it was infuriating, Wayne Rooney's volley against us at Old Trafford was a little bit special as well.

Dare i say goals like that you don't mind conceeding. Absolutely nowt we could do about that, yet some on here believe we should have dealt with the second ball.

It's a while since i've been as stunned by the quality of a goal in such a huge situation as theo's the other night. Fantastic, pity about the following two minutes. Never understood the bumming of zidane's goal in the final like. Decent strike but world class? Nah.

It's a while since i've been as stunned by the quality of a goal in such a huge situation as theo's the other night. Fantastic, pity about the following two minutes. Never understood the bumming of zidane's goal in the final like. Decent strike but world class? Nah.

Good goal at a great time.

Laurent Robert had a few spectacular moments.

The double at Totenham a few years ago (the volley and the distance shot), both where fantastic.

His free kick against Southampton in his first season here, where it curled one way they began curling back the other and had the keeper well beaten all the way.

<snip>