Newcastle v Sunderland - Pre-Match Thread

Beren

Been to plenty of games but never a derby yet, this shall be my first.

Needless to say an unchanged side. I expect Martins to scored.

Sunderland are a decent team but have shit players. I believe we will win.

Guest Knightrider

Can't wait for this. Derby Day is without doubt the best and worst day of the season.

Spot on. The key for me is to have a good day before the match, so that should we lose, you can look back on a good day still.

These games are usually far too hard to call, I'll never forget going out of the League Cup at home and in a penalty shoot out to these bastards or losing at home in the play-off's.

Still, they've never been at St James to see us get relegated to the third, I've been at Joker Park to see it happen to them.   bluelaugh.gif

i really really hope he sticks with the same team, im sure he will, but hope he doesnt try and suprise us.

Both teams have nothing to play for apart from the little north-east mini league so i expect both teams to come flying out the blocks.

We must win this game, its not about staying up anymore its about hammering the scum as hard as we can.

Team will be unchanged I think but KK must be ready to make a change from the bench and it not just be Smith on.

Enrique and Geremi both had poor games against Pompey, although Enrique did settle a bit.

Duff on for Geremi at some point with Barton going over the the right is what we needed b Pompey.

-----------------Harper

Beye-----Taylor--------Faye------Enrique

-------------------Butt

-----Barton---------------------Duff

------------------Owen

---------Viduka----------Martins

We must win this game, its not about staying up anymore its about hammering the scum as hard as we can.

Team will be unchanged I think but KK must be ready to make a change from the bench and it not just be Smith on.

Enrique and Geremi both had poor games against Pompey, although Enrique did settle a bit.

Duff on for Geremi at some point with Barton going over the the right is what we needed b Pompey.

-----------------Harper

-------------------Butt

------------------Owen

Duff's not strong enough to play in the centre of the park and hasn't proved that he can keep a hold of the ball consistantly. Apart from his corners Geremi had a good game against Pompey.

First rule of managment, don't fix it if..............?

Should we be hell bent on playing someone instead of Geremi then Emre (should he be fit) would be the prime candidate.

-----------------Harper

-------------------Butt

------------------Owen

Duff's not strong enough to play in the centre of the park and hasn't proved that he can keep a hold of the ball consistantly. Apart from his corners Geremi had a good game against Pompey.

Should we be hell bent on playing someone instead of Geremi then Emre (should he be fit) would be the prime candidate.

The formation was how it should be changed and not how we should start, as it said  int he text.

Geremi will start yes, but he ran out of steam early on yesterday and he was our worst player v pompey..

-----------------Harper

-------------------Butt

------------------Owen

The formation was how it should be changed and not how we should start, as it said  int he text.

Geremi will start yes, but he ran out of steam early on yesterday and he was our worst player v pompey..

Apoligies, didn't read the text.

Can't agree that Geremi was our worst player. I can't think of anything he did wrong (apart from corners).

-----------------Harper

-------------------Butt

------------------Owen

Thought Geremi was very good actually besides his corners. Won lots of challenges and passed the ball around well, far from our worst player yesterday.