Newcastle v Sunderland - Pre-Match Thread

Beren

I'm getting a bit nervous for this.  I cant see it being a daft score for us.  The mackems will work really hard in the first 20 minutes, then it will be down to us to move the ball about and pick them off.

I'm not writing the mackems off. 

me neither. they'll go 4-5-1 and be up for it. smother the midfiled and play off jones for the break. an early goal for us could break their gameplan.

An early goal would settle me down.

Guest Milburnthedog

It rarely an easy game to win to be fair. They need the points for safety and could go above us in the league too. keane has a point to prove and they will be well up for it.

3-0 to the Mags. Hahaha.

:clap2:

Head says 1-1, heart says 2-1.

An early goal would be nice and I wouldn't be surprised to see a red card.

Looking forward to it and I don't see the point in getting nervous and chewed about the whole day. Just have a bit of faith and deal with whatever happens - we should beat them. :)

I'll be shitting it on the day but with my calm, rational head on, i'm totally confident. They're fucking shit. As long as we don't get any unexpected injury problems, our three up top will have too much for them.

I dunno, its hard to say really, on paper looking at the two teams we have the players to thrash them good and proper if we are at our best and they are slightly off form but we know it rarely goes like that for us.

KK taking the piss in the Ronnie Gill :lol: like Keano did't know our starting 11.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/04/14/keegan-here-s-our-team-roy-72703-20761462/

Keegan: Here’s our team, Roy

KEVIN KEEGAN has taken the derby bull by the horns by revealing that he is almost certain to send out an unchanged side against Sunderland at St James’ Park on Sunday lunch-time.

Ref named..

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1289274,00.html

Mike Dean to take charge of Sunday's showdown with North East rivals at St.James' Park

I'm glad Portsmouth held us to a draw tbh. Five wins in a row would have been mentally unrealistic. :razz:

2 goals conceded in our last five games though, that's a brilliant record for us. We'll undoubtedly leak two or three against the Mackems, then.

A 4-2 or a 5-3 would be cracking. I'd still regard that as a hammering.

Reckon it'll be 2-2.

i dont like to put you on a downer but how many times do we play well  and win games when live on the telly ?

not many

We're on live almost every week if you live outside of the UK, so don't you worry about that :)

Its a derby, I imagine its a very different game of football to players on both sides (particularly those who've been with both the clubs for a while) with an intense atmosphere and vibe you only get from playing your bitter local rivals.

Be interesting to see how Chopra does. Tell you who I'd like to score actually, someone like Taylor, just to see his celebration.

Like i said earlier in this thread, alot of football is motivation and getting your big players to perform. Luckly this is one game that i don't see this being a problem, especially with KK in charge.

Therefore, with our FAR better players going out there all guns blazing i suspect we should win, hopefully by a nice margin too.

Its a derby, I imagine its a very different game of football to players on both sides (particularly those who've been with both the clubs for a while) with an intense atmosphere and vibe you only get from playing your bitter local rivals.

Be interesting to see how Chopra does. Tell you who I'd like to score actually, someone like Taylor, just to see his celebration.

boro fan

2-0 to us

Fucking pumped for this.

I know it sounds negative, and I'd love it, love it if we beat them, but I'd settle for us not losing.

I can't think of anything worse than losing to them, oh, and the fact that if we do, they'll go above us in the league.

This is a must win game in my opinion, nothing else will do and if we win this, surely mathematically we are safe?.

Yes, i think Bolton can only get 41 pts and we would be on 42.