Newcastle v Sunderland - Pre-Match Thread

Beren

We must win this game, its not about staying up anymore its about hammering the scum as hard as we can.

Team will be unchanged I think but KK must be ready to make a change from the bench and it not just be Smith on.

Enrique and Geremi both had poor games against Pompey, although Enrique did settle a bit.

Duff on for Geremi at some point with Barton going over the the right is what we needed b Pompey.

-----------------Harper

Beye-----Taylor--------Faye------Enrique

-------------------Butt

-----Barton---------------------Duff

------------------Owen

---------Viduka----------Martins

Duff's not strong enough to play in the centre of the park and hasn't proved that he can keep a hold of the ball consistantly. Apart from his corners Geremi had a good game against Pompey.

First rule of managment, don't fix it if..............?

Should we be hell bent on playing someone instead of Geremi then Emre (should he be fit) would be the prime candidate.

The formation was how it should be changed and not how we should start, as it said  int he text.

Geremi will start yes, but he ran out of steam early on yesterday and he was our worst player v pompey..

Apoligies, didn't read the text.

Can't agree that Geremi was our worst player. I can't think of anything he did wrong (apart from corners).

:D

Well it was between him and Enrique I reckon, but motley its Geremi's lack of pace that stands out, he may just be knacked though he is no spring chicken after all and I just feel putting Smith on is a waste of time unless we have a lead by that point.

Duff may not be a tough tackler but with Emre injured who else can play there ?

Yes that's what i thought.

It was a game that wasn't littered with hero's or villan's so naturally everyone either over critisies or over praises in their appraisal of the match.

We must win this game, its not about staying up anymore its about hammering the scum as hard as we can.

Team will be unchanged I think but KK must be ready to make a change from the bench and it not just be Smith on.

Enrique and Geremi both had poor games against Pompey, although Enrique did settle a bit.

Duff on for Geremi at some point with Barton going over the the right is what we needed b Pompey.

-----------------Harper

-------------------Butt

------------------Owen

Duff's not strong enough to play in the centre of the park and hasn't proved that he can keep a hold of the ball consistantly. Apart from his corners Geremi had a good game against Pompey.

Should we be hell bent on playing someone instead of Geremi then Emre (should he be fit) would be the prime candidate.

The formation was how it should be changed and not how we should start, as it said  int he text.

Geremi will start yes, but he ran out of steam early on yesterday and he was our worst player v pompey..

Can't agree that Geremi was our worst player. I can't think of anything he did wrong (apart from corners).

Well it was between him and Enrique I reckon, but motley its Geremi's lack of pace that stands out, he may just be knacked though he is no spring chicken after all and I just feel putting Smith on is a waste of time unless we have a lead by that point.

Zog?

-----------------Harper

-------------------Butt

------------------Owen

Dare i say N'Zogbia. I'd probably play Milner in there over Duff, in fact i'd like see what he can do.

I thought Enrique had a good game too. We are definately not on the same wavelength :)

Enrique put it straight out the pitch 3 times in a row but was still very solid defensively and had a better game than Beye.

-----------------Harper

-------------------Butt

------------------Owen

Dare i say N'Zogbia. I'd probably play Milner in there over Duff, in fact i'd like see what he can do.

I thought Enrique had a good game too. We are definately not on the same wavelength :)

Enrique put it straight out the pitch 3 times in a row but was still very solid defensively and had a better game than Beye.

Milner in Geremi's role could be worth a go, offers something different.

same team for me.

It's got to be the same team, changing things while we're on a good run would be crazy, the players are just starting to look like a team so the last thing we want is to upset that.

same team for me.

It's got to be the same team, changing things while we're on a good run would be crazy, the players are just starting to look like a team so the last thing we want is to upset that.

Plus there's no bugger else who deserves to be in there anyway. No brainer.

Massive match, they are still in a relegation battle, we win, they lose away to bolton next week and at home to the boro, they could be in danger. i think thats their next 3 games anyway ( us bolton boro ).

I expect a unchanged side, if Viduka has a knock, i would put Martins down the middle with N'Zogbia on the left side, as i cannot sit and watch alan smith for 90 minutes.

They are a team full of garbage, got lucky this year and will be down next season, we must win. derby day - a draw isnt good enough, i would be gutted if we drew, send their 3,000 fans home fucking devastated!

Geremi should get his corners in the box, Gordan is one hell of a overrated dodgy keeper, he will fuck it up

Im expecting Oba to tear nosworthy/halford/collins apart, not sure who will mark him. Owen will do his usual job putting 110% in, and whoever is centre mid for them will get dragged back to mark him, they wont handle it

It will either be a tight 2-0 win for us, or a easy 4-0 win. Oba to score 2, Chopra to break his leg, Keane to be gunned down, and i will go home fucking delighted

We'll be mathematically safe by Sunday, Sunderland wont be.

They'll be under pressure to get something, we wont.

Surely, of all the games in the season, this is the game that us fans want us to win more than anything? Both teams are under immense pressure simply because of what the fixture is, regardless of mathematics.

Forget motivation or whether one team wants it more than the other, there's no question of attitude especially with KK in charge.

Sunderland are piss poor and taking off my derby brain for a second we should be beating these lot. The fact that it is a derby simply means all the players will be trying hard (which suits the better side).

If we get an early goal, we will win comfortably.

Would love to see Andy Reid try and defend against Oba Martins.  ;D

since when is he a defender

i'm not being funny but are you trying to dedicate your life to typing stupid things on this forum