Booing Chopra

Nobody

Oh for f***s sake man, he is fair game its all good fun, he knows he is not hated and he will 100% be exspecting to be boo'd this time too.

People getting mixed up with tongue in cheek fun and a real hatred of the Mackems, its football not life and death. Yes there is wankers on both sides that want to beat each other to a pulp and stamp on heads but most love the banter of a Derby day and take it no further than a few boo's and some funny insulting songs/chants.

He chose to play for Sunderland, as a geordie lad, after playing for Newcastle, he knew what the fans would think, so now he has to deal with that.

This.

c***.

Not this.

Guest Heneage

At the end of the day boo-ing is not half as bad as them calling us "Scum" or some of the chants they were aiming at players like Dyer for supposedly being a rapist.

As for the whole thing surely if the Boo-ing was that intense he wouldn't be allowed to spend time in Aspers betting or in the Citys bars, its all just a bit pantomime don't worry.

Personally, I'd love the attention of getting booed.  Would be great.

I think not booing Chopra and just ignoring him would be more effective, as it would make him think "Am I really that insignificant?"

Yeah! :lol:

And tbh, it's what has lost us games in the past, booing opposition players. When Bolton came up here and beat us 2-1 after we'd been booing Diouf. I'm not not condoning booing, it's bound to happen and is good banter most of the time.

It's so hard to care about Chopra though when he's so painfully average. :lol: I probably wouldn't even think to boo. Like i said elsewhere, if he was mint and had joined em i'd probably dislike him more. 

Guest Washington_Mag

I really didn't like it. He scored against them, and only left here because he wasn't good enough.

What do you think?

I think he is a wife beating, powder snorting cowardly prick.

I dont mean this in an offensive way, but i think a lot of the threads that pop up on here round derby games show the differences between the local lads who follow Newcastle (ie Geordies) and our pals from around the country/ planet.

To those living in the area, the game is gigantic, its bigger than any other game of the season, winning is everything and losing bloody awful. They have a strong intense dislike of mackems and the idea of playing for Sunderland (a la Chopra) is as ludicrous as supporting them. The hostility facing people like Chopra is not banter, but real hardcore disapproval of what he's done.

To a lot of those from out the area, the game seems to be about tongue in cheek banter and a bit of name calling.

Obviously there'll be exceptions to this, but its something i've noticed for a while.

I dont mean this in an offensive way, but i think a lot of the threads that pop up on here round derby games show the differences between the local lads who follow Newcastle (ie Geordies) and our pals from around the country/ planet.

To those living in the area, the game is gigantic, its bigger than any other game of the season, winning is everything and losing bloody awful. They have a strong intense dislike of mackems and the idea of playing for Sunderland (a la Chopra) is as ludicrous as supporting them. The hostility facing people like Chopra is not banter, but real hardcore disapproval of what he's done.

To a lot of those from out the area, the game seems to be about tongue in cheek banter and a bit of name calling.

Obviously there'll be exceptions to this, but its something i've noticed for a while.

Spot on.

When Clarkie went you knew it was because he didn't want to leave the area. But Chopra had already fucked off man, although I never booed him last time as I don't agree with that sort of thing. I think it's absolutely disgusting.

"If there's anyone at the football club who wants to play on Saturday, then it's me,"

"I'm desperate to play against a team that didn't treat me right and I'll be desperate to get a goal."

"Me and Grant Leadbitter have been sharing a bit of banter, because he's a Sunderland fan and I'm a Newcastle fan."

"We're starting to drill it into the players, a lot of the new lads that have come in - we're starting to tell them how much it means to the fans.

"It's been so many years since we last beat them, but hopefully we can change that on Saturday."

*spit*  Detestable little wanker.

Guest bertiemasson

chose his path, he has to deal with it

agree - if hes a real Mag then it could be something he might not want to remember if he finds the net - remember Graham Fenton!