Frank Lampard's mum

Guest kingdawson

Guest DazzaNufc1892

such a shame and really feel sorry for frank. Hopefully though this puts all in perspective to football fans. The fact is players are just human and have lives and the same problems as us, and lets us see that football is just a game. Frank and the rest of the lampard family will be hurting, so hopefully the fans around the league are supportive and now reflect and accept that people make mistakes, especially the chelsea fans, this could give them a better view of reality and accept that somebody liek grant doesnt deserve the tirade of abuse

Guest LucaAltieri

such a shame and really feel sorry for frank. Hopefully though this puts all in perspective to football fans. The fact is players are just human and have lives and the same problems as us, and lets us see that football is just a game. Frank and the rest of the lampard family will be hurting, so hopefully the fans around the league are supportive and now reflect and accept that people make mistakes, especially the chelsea fans, this could give them a better view of reality and accept that somebody liek grant doesnt deserve the tirade of abuse

I wouldn't go that far, like.

Sad news all the same.

No offence, but I fail to see why this is big news. This is no more tragic than other people dying all across the world, many footballer's parents etc. die and yet for some reason the media has decided to jump on this bandwagon?

RIP to everyone that has died recently.

No offence, but I fail to see why this is big news. This is no more tragic than other people dying all across the world, many footballer's parents etc. die and yet for some reason the media has decided to jump on this bandwagon?

Agree 100%

Sad news, but I agree.

Sad news, but I agree.

It's fairly big news that one of the top players for one of the top teams in the top league is missing one of the most important games of the season because his mother has died tbh ;)

RIP, too young to go away. But thats life, and i hope this doesnt have a long term negative effect on Lampard. Hes a great player and hopefully him, and his family will go through this difficult time without anyone disturbing them.

shame, love Lampard as a player and like him as a person

Hmm... Lampard, Ronaldo... I can see a pattern emerging. You're a chubby chaser, aren't you?  O0

[/sweeping generalization]

Condolences to the Lampard family.

It is not a bandwagon at all. Yes it is major news because he is one of this countries biggest names in football & someone has posted about it on football forum but it is not a bandwagon. I am sure if Paul Van Dyks mother died that may cause a stir on clubbing message boards or Lewis Hamilton parents passing away would be new on a F1 forum.

Did you have problem with media bandwagon/media circus that ended up stopping a black chap (average footballer) in the Watford area getting sent home?  1000's of other people dont have such a media exposure, pressures groups or a bandwagon helping them which is a shame.

Sad news, but I agree.

It's fairly big news that one of the top players for one of the top teams in the top league is missing one of the most important games of the season because his mother has died tbh ;)

While I sympathise with Frank and wouldn't wish the death of a parent on anyone, the major news is that he's missing the match, not that his mother has died.

Sad news, but I agree.

While I sympathise with Frank and wouldn't wish the death of a parent on anyone, the major news is that he's missing the match, not that his mother has died.

I'd rather hear about this than Princess fucking Di tbh

It is not a bandwagon at all. Yes it is major news because he is one of this countries biggest names in football & someone has posted about it on football forum but it is not a bandwagon. I am sure if Paul Van Dyks mother died that may cause a stir on clubbing message boards or Lewis Hamilton parents passing away would be new on a F1 forum.

Did you have problem with media bandwagon/media circus that ended up stopping a black chap (average footballer) in the Watford area getting sent home?  1000's of other people dont have such a media exposure, pressures groups or a bandwagon helping them which is a shame.

I disagree. I think I'm right in saying that Bakary Sagna suffered a family bereavement earlier this season, however this news was not plastered all over SSN etc.

Al Bangura, one I dispute the average footballer part, since he's got his work permit he's been shocking. But there's a difference between that and this, if any other footballer was facing deportation, such appeals etc. would make the news whereas other deaths would not. I'm not saying that I don't feel sorry for Frank, just that I don't feel that it's worth highlighting above other recent deaths.

Also, Watford FC in particular are helping someone in my school fight against deportation to Zimbabwe and this has been fairly well reported news locally, it's not just a footballer that is highlighted, it's anyone who's part of the community.