Next season

Baggio
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carrying on from the Nicky Butt thread (I tried to edit it and fucked the poll up)

With Keegan talking about bringing in 3 or 4 quality players for the first team, who would you like to see those replace in his current first choice 11?

Guest Stephen927

Taylor, Butt and Viduka as definites.

Having a bit trouble with the fourth one, I think I'll go with replacing Geremi. A lot depends on Bartons court case though.

As ElDiablo says, though I'd put Butt as the least desperate for now. We need a new spine, basically.

Yeah same, think Butt's a good player still but he's ageing now and has no pace. His distribution is suspect too.

Guest float one in

Is this assuming we are sticking with the 433 and Owen floating behind the front two then?

Cos I've always had a sneaking suspicion KK might want to get back to a 442 when he's had a chance to buy in a few players. I probably would stick with 433 and replace Geremi, Taylor and Viduka as everyone says (Butt not immediate priority) but if we go 442 we might need to buy 3 new midfielders as well as a striker, and hope Zogs stays and gets his head down (not literally speaking - he does enough of that already!).

Sorry if I've missed an interview where Keegan has said he definitely wants to stick with 433 next season!

Barton before Butt for me, and the 3 usual suspects. Butt has arguably been one of our better players this season. I fail to see what Barton offers us exactly. Geremi and Butt offer us more in midfield at the moment. I know Barton has got time on his side and I don't particularly care about his off the field anthics, but he's just not very good on it. Shame he doesn't look anything like the player he was last season for Man City.. If I could replace 5 in this poll the whole midfield would go however, which is a sad consideration..

Replace Taylor before Faye!?

You're off your heads man!!

Taylor could do with the mental rest imo. Instead of being a relied on 1st teamer next season just being someone of his age, squad, rotated and learning off someone. Faye will pick up enough injuries to ensure he gets a good run out, Taylor the season after being hopefully ready to takes Faye's place off him.

I would replace without doubt; Viduka, Taylor, Geremi

Bring in somebody younger to pressurise Butt and we could maybe get another season like this one out of him, wouldn't get rid just crank up the pressure for firs team places.

If we get rid of Zog we need a new left wing and cover for left back, duff will do for second place cover.

Could do with some pace for the right wing and a pacy targetman do replace viduka.

If my wishes came true (not too unrealistic ones) we'd have this close season:

OUT: Carr, Ameobi, Ramage, Zoggy (unless radical change in attitude)

IN:

Ben Haim, Huntelaar, lennon, bridge, Sidwell, Deco (50 million spend)

some youngsters to fill out squad...

Being totally ruthless for the prgression of  NUFC i'd go for Viduka, Butt, Geremi and Taylor.

This

Taylor needs to progress further, Viduka is still valuable but from the bench, we have to get a replacement fot Butt (albeit he has done a decent job) & Geremi is a definite - we need more than he can produce for us.

i only chose 3,,, the most popular choices as it appears.

cant wait till next season,, it feels like summer of 92 all over again, except im 16 years older.....3kids...divorce....seen a business go under....getting older....never see my 30s again....souness.... fat,sam.....wheres the prozac

need some keegan in my life

Replace Dukes, Taylor, Ron & Butt

Keep them all, but we desperately need another left back (cover for Enrique), rightback(cover for Beye), centre half, DM midfielder above everything else IMO.

I have high hopes for next season and there are exciting times ahead, but we have to stay realistic and realise that although we have a big following, great potential, plenty of money we are still without european football, and unfortunately the draw of the 'big smoke's city lights' no matter how much we love our area.

Keegan will get it right, but its going to be a long rumour filled summer.