Other clubs' transfers

Dave

times tomorrow  is saying liverpool rejected a 35m bid for torres from chelsea

I'm a moany old bastard right enough, but the last thing the Premier League needs is for Abramovich to go bonkers again. With Liverpool, Newcastle and Villa turning themselves round I could see next season being cracking, but if things carry on as they are the Top four will be miles ahead.

times tomorrow  is saying liverpool rejected a 35m bid for torres from chelsea

I'm a moany old bastard right enough, but the last thing the Premier League needs is for Abramovich to go bonkers again. With Liverpool, Newcastle and Villa turning themselves round I could see next season being cracking, but if things carry on as they are the Top four will be miles ahead.

tbh this was inevitable, as soon as chelsea look half dodgy for cl place roman gets the chequebook dusted off (not to much effect yet but my lord they could be busy monday) the new order is establishing itself after liverpools fall from cl and city will settle in and once again the top 4 are untouchable

That's one frustrating strike partnership.

I also like the fact that not only has Martins lost his international place to Shola, but he's also the insurance policy when the Ameobi bid fails. :lol:

As much as I berate his lack of footballing skill, he's actually quite important to us - there is no coincidence that we have a significantly better record with Neville in the team. The least I'd want would be £2-3m and a player on loan.

Bucketloads of experience, still better than Corluka or Hutton, the best this season at keeping Bale quiet, could be good for us for 18 months.

On the forums the vast majority seem keen on the idea as well..  Having seen Hutton's positional play this season, that isn't really surprising.

Phil Neville is better than Corluka? in what world is Philip f***ing Neville bette than Corluka please?

Hell i'm not even a Hutton fan (hell i actually dislike him) but he's better than Neville.

Hutton may be decent going forward but his positional play defensively is abysmal, Coloccini's goal was the latest in a long line of gaffes, Hutton must have cost us the best part of a dozen points this season.  Corluka may be better defensively but if Redknapp  won't play him because he's lost faith in him Hutton is currently the only other option and he's not good enough.  I've heard that Redknapp wants Walker to have one more season out on loan so Neville could be a short term stopgap.  He's far ahead of Hutton defensively, that's for sure.

A dozen more points would have you on 50 points.

So what you're effectively saying is Hutton is the reason you're not a title contender. :lol:

Rubbish man.