Other clubs' transfers

Dave

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3894816,00.html

Blackburn have completed the signing of Carlos Villanueva on a season-long loan deal from Audax Italiano.

The midfielder, who was recently voted Chile's footballer of the year, could seal a permanent £4million move if he impresses during his time at Ewood Park.

The 22-year-old is a favourite among YouTube skills-seekers, and Paul Ince admits that a number of the Rovers squad have already checked out their new team-mate online.

"He's a very skilful and exciting player," said Ince.

"Hopefully it's a signing that will excite our fans.

"Some of the lads have watched him on YouTube and he looks different class.

"Getting him here excites me and shows the kind of football I'm looking to play at Blackburn."

Wonder if they scouted him via Youtube clips?

Apparently Arshavin is now "desperate" to move to Tottenham. He must have a weak heart being so desperate all the time.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3894921,00.html

Lachter admits that Arshavin was not that keen on Spurs when their interest first transpired but he is now just waiting to seal the move.

Arshavin has always said he would prefer to join Barcelona, but Lachter admits that his charge was won over by Spurs and particularly coach Juande Ramos.

"Andrei is ready to move to Tottenham, now it just depends on Zenit," Lachter told Sovietsky Sport.

"Arshavin changed his decision [about joining Spurs] due to excellent interest from Spurs.

"They are the one team that fully agreed his contract demands and ready to pay almost the full price that Zenit wants.

"Juande Ramos called Andrei and described his vision of football and his vision of Andrei's future in the team.

"Ramos said that Arshavin will be a key player of his team and he is highly interested in this deal.

"Spurs had the money for Andrei all the time and their interest isn't new. But Zenit doesn't want to say that they have official offer from Tottenham. But they have it."

Reports in Russia suggest Zenit want to keep Arshavin for the European Super Cup clash with Manchester United on August 29 in Monaco.

But Lachter says Arshavin does not want the deal to be delayed until the end of the month.

"I don't think the deal can be delayed until the Super Cup against Manchester United because I'm unsure that today's Arshavin can be useful for Zenit.

"I hope that Zenit will collect themselves. I know the high level of professionalism of Zenit's new president [Alexander] Dukov and his great personality."

Zenit sporting director Konstantin Sarsaniya admits that an agreement could be close to being finalised with Spurs.

"We have certain contacts with Tottenham, but when they will conclude, I still do not know," Sarsaniya told Sports.ru.

"Maybe within five days, maybe sooner, maybe later.

"Tottenham have an interest in the player, and I understand that the player has an interest in the club too."

yeah, true, he still must be a right awkward bugger though

He's sticking to his guns though, tbf. He's always said £20m+, unlike the Depor chairman, who's changed his price (if the stories are true)

£20 Mil plus is way too much for him. I wouldnt want us paying that.

You wouldn't be saying that if we signed him.

well, yeah i would. Especially if it was most of our tranfer buget. 1 very good season in Russia. Unproven premiership player. and the fact he is 27 and he's only now starting to get recognition slightly worries me.

I don't get why everyones going gaga over Arshavin anyway. About 6 months ago barely anyone had heard of him and were laughing by his name sounded like "arse shaving".

No doubt he's got ability, but £20m+? Fuck right off.

Guest kingdawson

David Silva is off to Roma for £18 million.

confirmed? or he said she said?

near enough confirmed.....

Roma are in advanced talks for Valencia winger David Silva.

Valencia shareholder Juan Villalonga revealed last night: "I'm sorry for our fans but we do not have the capital needed to meet our commitments and we are forced to mortgage all our heritage like our most important players.

"The negotiations for the sale of David Silva to Roma are very advanced for about £18 million."

Roma have also bid for Eto'o.

David Silva is off to Roma for £18 million.

confirmed? or he said she said?

near enough confirmed.....

Roma are in advanced talks for Valencia winger David Silva.

Valencia shareholder Juan Villalonga revealed last night: "I'm sorry for our fans but we do not have the capital needed to meet our commitments and we are forced to mortgage all our heritage like our most important players.

"The negotiations for the sale of David Silva to Roma are very advanced for about £18 million."

Roma have also bid for Eto'o.

did he actually say 18 million sterling?