Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Milan offering Borriello and Huntelaar as part of the Zlatan transfer :facepalm:

This whole thing seems just a bit weird to me. Sure, Pep and Zlatan don't get along and he was probably bought by Laporta as a marquee signing to show Real that Barca can spend a bit of dough as well. But to sell him after just one season, in which he did alright considering adapting to a new league, at a major loss just seems a bit too drastic. I suppose they just want to cut their losses but still.. As for Zlatan the player I reckon that, great manager Pep is, he used Zlatan wrongly when trying to change Barcas style of playing. Against say Inter, Barcas "tiqi taca" didn't work and Zlatan was brought in to give Barca a second option, but hoofing the ball up to him is just as pointless as anything since he's not a target player, which is a bit bizarre given his stature and strength.

An other thing is I can't see Milan matching the wage Zlatan is on now and I doubt he's willing to take a major pay cut.

Did he ever recover from his broken arms?

He played the second half yesterday, and played well.

Oh, i switched over for the Newcastle game.

What's the thoughts behind Pletikosa then? Third choice?!

Did Alnwick ever look like making it? I remember he came with quite a reputation.

He was good at being in sex tapes.

He's nee Martin Woods though.

-----

Not sure why Pletikosa has gone to Spurs. Seems like a strange move with Spurs having 2 capable goalies already. Could easily get first team football elsewhere.

He was good at being in sex tapes.

He's nee Martin Woods though.

-----

Not sure why Pletikosa has gone to Spurs. Seems like a strange move with Spurs having 2 capable goalies already. Could easily get first team football elsewhere.

There's rumour that Cudicini may go to Boro but personally I doubt it, we need 3 keepers just in case, Gomes is good but a total wimp. Pletikosa has been injured for over a year and CC had his bike smash.  Alnwick is a total waste of space.

Salcido is much better than Konchesky.

Konchesky is much more homegrown than Salcido

Salcido is nothing special. And he was a pain in the ass last year at PSV. Not to mention he's a dwarf.

Guest DrWithnail

Salcido is a fantastic signing for Fulham, he pisses all over Konchesky's chips, still Enrique is better than both.

Guest Heneage

Real Madrid apparently have offered Mahamadou Diarra to Liverpool.

Already got Poulsen to replace Javier Cunterano.

Very different types of DM tbh.

Never said they weren't. Play the same position and therefore he is the replacement.

Guest Heneage

Never said they weren't. Play the same position and therefore he is the replacement.

Apologies, I thought you meant he was replacing him in terms of what he offers to the team and the role he performs.

Apologies, I thought you meant he was replacing him in terms of what he offers to the team and the role he performs.

Not seen enough of Poulsen to form an opinion tbh. Does look suited to the Prem tho from what I have seen.

Guest Heneage

Not seen enough of Poulsen to form an opinion tbh. Does look suited to the Prem tho from what I have seen.

Totally, don't expect him to get a goal anytime soon (Setting myself up here). But I think he's what they need, someone to actually give protection to the defence and  keep it simple.