Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest sicko2ndbest

Goal.com reporting that the original Ronaldo is  joining Man City.

What happend to that site? used to be pretty decent  but now its full of crap.

Could this be the WOW

Guest sicko2ndbest

Graham Cunter, Souness's cheif scout for Luque, reckons he is not good enough for Liverpool

Expect another Overmars then

Ian Wright on talksport saying SWP is in Liverpool talking terms, wouldn't confirm whether it was Liverpool or Everton he is talking to.

Disgusted if this is true!

There is absolutely no reason for us not to be in for SWP, he's a world class winger with good prem experience and if he moves will have a major point to prove!

Anybody who claims they dont rate mustn't have a very good memory, the lad was winning games on his own for city under KK!

If SWP goes to everton for 9mil and we keep Milner after turning down a 7mil bid, I really will give up on football!

Ian Wright on talksport saying SWP is in Liverpool talking terms, wouldn't confirm whether it was Liverpool or Everton he is talking to.

There is absolutely no reason for us not to be in for SWP, he's a world class winger with good prem experience and if he moves will have a major point to prove!

Anybody who claims they dont rate mustn't have a very good memory, the lad was winning games on his own for city under KK!

If SWP goes to everton for 9mil and we keep Milner after turning down a 7mil bid, I really will give up on football!

No you won't.

Besides, who's to say we're not in for him? Who's to say that he would prefer a move to the NE rather than Merseyside?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Agree

Ive heard lots of stuff about there being no budget, just if the Wright (lol) player becomes availible we will be in for him. I would rather have him and keep milner for a season and see if we can turn him into a Lampard type player. If not we will be able to move him on next year for what will still be a good fee

No you won't.

Besides, who's to say we're not in for him? Who's to say that he would prefer a move to the NE rather than Merseyside?

Or that he is speaking to Everton and us and Everton was on his way up here?

No you won't.

precisely

Guest sondre

No you won't.

precisely

Must.....get....SWP!!!!

World Class? Really?

He's a good player. The fact remains that we have other areas that we need to buy for before we think about buying another RW, when we currently have Milner, Jonas, and Duff (and to some extent Geremi) who can all do a job there.

I honestly do believe the guy is world class!

I remember having a conversation with guys in work when he was starring for city, saying that at that moment in time there wasn't a better right winger in the world!

Agreed he hasn't continued that form at chelsea, but that was mainly due to their style of play/lack of run of games.

I just feel angry that the club are rejecting bids for Milner then see SWP being linked with a move!

Understand the idea that we have other priorit positions to fill but when quality players become available, particularly those who KK has worked with and seen flourish, I believe we should be in for them!

Hope some of the post are right and that we are in for him, just got quite angry there through shock!

Guest elbee909

Am I the only person that doesn't rate SWP?  He's got tons of pace but no end product - the same thing a lot of people on here knock Milner for.

We don't knock Milner for that.  He doesn't have pace. ;)

Am I the only person that doesn't rate SWP?  He's got tons of pace but no end product - the same thing a lot of people on here knock Milner for.

:kasper:

erm...pardon me?

Milner? pace?

The end product bit.  SWP can't cross worth shit and people on here seem to think Milner can't either.

Milner probably has the exact opposite problem. He's got a very good shot on him and I'd say his crossing is a lot better than it gets credit for, but he can rarely get into positions for good crosses/shots because of lack of pace.

Guest sicko2ndbest

SWP is a very good player, the type we love.

However he will be on 80k a week wages and i for one would not feel comfortable giving him anywhere near that. Everton are not going to give him that, in fact they will get nowhere near which is why i can see it not coming off.

If we could get him for 8 mil on 50k a week i think it would be a good deal for both clubs and the player, anything more and it becomes a gamble