Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Not to go all "I told you so" here, but for all of you who was 100% sure on the fact that Deco wasn't going to make it in the EPL and didn't want him here..looks like he's doing all right.

Let's not get too carried away. He will be a great buy, but I remember Veron being quality the first month at Man Utd.

Not to go all "I told you so" here, but for all of you who was 100% sure on the fact that Deco wasn't going to make it in the EPL and didn't want him here..looks like he's doing all right.

Let's not get too carried away. He will be a great buy, but I remember Veron being quality the first month at Man Utd.

Veron was just the wrong type of player for the prem tbh, the sit deep, spray passes and every now and then venture forward style is designed for Serie A

Deco on the other hand is just an attacking genius

Guest optimistic nit

PS. Van der Vaart has much better options than us, so I don't call him a realistic signing. I don't consider Man City to be a much better option than us in the Kompany example. 

what dave said.

so was Elano, then look what happened in the second part of the season

Guest hikickry

has anyone noticed that the other top 3 clubs, spot talent, young players not yet household names. e.g. fabregas, ronaldo etc. you know the likes. But chelsea, only ever get already established names, e.g deco, shevchenko, malouda, ballack etc. you know what i mean. they never go out there and look at potential. im not talking about 16 year olds theyll never use here. i suppose it just shows the difference between them and the other top 3, they are always gonna be the average team that bought their way to the top.

has anyone noticed that the other top 3 clubs, spot talent, young players not yet household names. e.g. fabregas, ronaldo etc. you know the likes. But chelsea, only ever get already established names, e.g deco, shevchenko, malouda, ballack etc. you know what i mean. they never go out there and look at potential. im not talking about 16 year olds theyll never use here. i suppose it just shows the difference between them and the other top 3, they are always gonna be the average team that bought their way to the top.

They have the cash to do it?:)

Guest sondre

you wouldn't have Elano here last season? so what if he had a crappy 2nd half of the season, the whole team suddenly collapsed. he has started quite well this season, wouldn't you say? would take him in a heartbeat.

you wouldn't have Elano here last season? so what if he had a crappy 2nd half of the season, the whole team suddenly collapsed. he has started quite well this season, wouldn't you say? would take him in a heartbeat.

especially when it was reported that it was a choice between Elano and Smith as the replacement for Dyer.......would rather have had Elano who does nowt for half a season than Smith who did nowt completely all season!

Guest hikickry

yes but my point is, by doing that, they often get players in the twilight of their careers, most of them do actually flop. Look how much money they have wasted. It shows that their 'scouts' arent doing that good of a job, i could have told them what someone like ballack's qualities are, you know. that is the difference between them and the other big clubs.

Cash? Fabregas? Just a wee bit of compo

So Ramos is after a quick resolution to the Berbatov matter

After Spurs' esteemed Chairman reported Man U to the FA, I can only hope that Man U are going to shaft them and agree everything at the last minute leaving them no time to sign a replacement.

Here's hoping - hypocritical twats

You mean Abramovich has the cash to do it..