Other clubs' transfers

Dave

A new story now saying Zenit deny any progress with Spuds over Arshavin and reports now say they want 24mill for him :lol:

Negotiations will start at 19.8mill :lol: :lol:

Zenit Deny Deal With Spurs For Arshavin

Submitted by Jake Briggs on Mon, 2008-08-04 13:06. Tottenham Hotspur Premiership Transfer News

Zenit St Petersburg have dismissed reports that they have agreed a deal with Tottenham Hotspur for Russian International Andrei Arshavin.

Reports in the press on Sunday had claimed that a fee had been agreed between Spurs and Zenit, but the UEFA Cup Winners have moved quickly to dimiss this also revealing that Spurs had an offer rejected of £15.8million (€20m) to bring the EURO 2008 star to White Hart Lane.

“This information is untrue,” Zenit spokesman Alexei Blinov told Sovetsky Sport.

“The situation has not changed since Dick Advocaat last commented on it.”

“Tottenham offered us €20m (£15.8m) for Andrei, but that does not work for us. We are waiting for a new proposal," said Konstantin Sarsaniya, Zenit's sporting director.

“Initially we announced that negotiations will start at around €25m (£19.8m). What the final transfer fee will be in the end is hard to say.”

With Spurs boss Juande Ramos’s other Russian target Roman Pavlyuchenko stating he would rather join Arsenal or Chelsea on Sunday. It would appear that the Spaniards hopes of pairing the Russian’s in the Premier League at Tottenham are fading.

Guest Stephen927

I know he's had a good season and looked good at Euro 2008, but where was this guy before this season?

Negotiations will start at £19.8m, but who knows what the final figure will be...

Does that mean that the maximum ZSP want is £19.8 million or that they will only start negotiating at £19.8m and then barter upwards?

Ashley - he you go mr Russian - £19.8 of the finest Sterling.

Mr Russian - haha, give me £20million

Ashley Ok, here you go

Mr Russian - haha, give me £22million

etc?

Daft way of negotiating

Negotiations will start at £19.8m, but who knows what the final figure will be...

Does that mean that the maximum ZSP want is £19.8 million or that they will only start negotiating at £19.8m and then barter upwards?

Ashley - he you go mr Russian - £19.8 of the finest Sterling.

Mr Russian - haha, give me £20million

Ashley Ok, here you go

Mr Russian - haha, give me £22million

etc?

Daft way of negotiating

not if you're president of Deportivo La Coruna.

Anthony Annan having a trial at Blackburn.

Supposed to be pretty good according to Michael Essien.

yep. heard good things about him. sounds like a cheaper version of essien, which is why we should go for him.

Is Barry really better than Alonso?

is he fuck

if arsenal sign alonso for a decent fee they'll be the winners in this whole gig - alonso sitting deep spraying passes about for arsenals pace-merchants to get on the end of...frightening prospect

That's what I'm thinking. Why would they get rid of Alonso for Barry?

Is Barry really better than Alonso?

is he fuck

if arsenal sign alonso for a decent fee they'll be the winners in this whole gig - alonso sitting deep spraying passes about for arsenals pace-merchants to get on the end of...frightening prospect

That's what I'm thinking. Why would they get rid of Alonso for Barry?

Because Rafa thinks he'll form a better partnership with Gerrard would be my guess.

Van der Vaart off to Real Madrid. And to think some people on here thought we had a chance with him..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_3805951,00.html

Hamburg star Rafael van der Vaart insists there is no truth in the reports linking him to Real Madrid.

Spanish newspaper Marca claimed that Real were about to table a 20million euros (£16million) bid for the Holland ace, but van der Vaart says that the story has no substance.

The former Ajax man, who has been regularly linked with a move away from Hamburg, expects to stay in Germany for at least another year.

Speculation

"I have checked everything and there is nothing to it," Van der Vaart told the German press.

"I have the feeling that I'll be playing for Hamburg for another year.

"Yesterday it was Atletico, today it's Real. It'll probably keep going on like this."

HSV sport director Dietmar Beiersdorfer also confirmed that he had not been contacted by Spanish champions with regard to a deal for the Dutch international.

"They will certainly not get the player without getting in contact with us - and nobody has done that," noted Beiersdorfer.

Good call.

Look mate, it's all over reputable Dutch media. We will see. No smoke without fire. Quotes from his agent: "Rafael wants to play in Spain next season. Several clubs are interested. We will discuss next week.`

Those are quotes from Van der Vaart, but I guess you'll listen to his agent over him right?

I will listen to both and point out your foolishness in a couple of days time for believing a player keeping the fans of his current club quiet before moving clubs, which will undoubtedly happen..

Took a little longer than expected, but there you go: http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/es/1202740420958/noticia/ComunicadoOficial/COMUNICADO_OFICIAL_2008-08-04_20:30:35.htm