Other clubs' transfers

Dave

ive heard KJ is out for the season.. they are in seriosu trouble if its true.

March according to the man himself. He came into my work and told a few people who were in at the time. Chopra also confirmed it to the above mentioned mate.

Christ, I sound like a right smug ITK tit :lol:

oh, i didnt realise it was common knowledge! ha ha hope he is, and the Mackems panic buy with Saha are someone like that! would love it. Simply due to the fact a mackem at work telling me that KJ is better than Michael Owen.

March according to the man himself. He came into my work and told a few people who were in at the time. Chopra also confirmed it to the above mentioned mate.

oh, i didnt realise it was common knowledge! ha ha hope he is, and the Mackems panic buy with Saha are someone like that! would love it. Simply due to the fact a mackem at work telling me that KJ is better than Michael Owen.

Jesus wept :lol:

Dave Kitson scored more goals than Jones last season, man.

There off there head man. Gordon is better than Given or Harper, despite being dropped by  Keane last season. Chimbonda is btter than Beye, despite bein a spurs reserve and Beye being our player of the season. Diof is better than Jonas. & Jones is better than all of our strikers because he's an all round player. I feel like shooting myself in the face at work sometimes.

Guest neesy111

keane wouldnt sell chops unless he felt they didnt need him. its not like hes going to a bigger club, or unhappy.

SSN say Chopra is unhappy that Keane has bought so many attacking players and that he spent most of last season stuck out on the right.

They said he spoke with Hull yesterday.

sunderland seem like there gonna play 4-6-0 with their squad at the moment, surely a chance to flog smith to them

Guest optimistic nit

to be fair optimistic nut thinks gordon is better than given or harper as well. not just a mackem thing-

KJ has one of the worst attitudes possible as well, real mercenary.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=559868&sec=england&cc=3888

Tottenham Hotspur manager Juande Ramos will continue his summer spending spree with a triple swoop for David Villa, Andrei Arshavin and Vedran Corluka, according to reports in the UK press.

However, if Spurs want to secure all three deals they will have to stump up another £60million, having already spent £40million on five players during the transfer window.

The Sun claim that Tottenham are ready to smash the British transfer record with a sensational £32million swoop for Valencia striker Villa and will fund the bid with the sale of want-away striker Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United for £30million.

Real Madrid are also interested in signing the Spanish international, who helped La Rojas win Euro 2008, but Villa's agent Jose Luis Tamargo insists his client is keen to head to the Premier League.

'David likes London and likes how Spurs play under Ramos. If they present an offer, Valencia will seriously study the subject,' Tamargo said.

If the deal goes through Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will make the striker the club's top earner with a huge £100,000-a-week deal.

Meanwhile, The Independent claim Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Arshavin is on his way to White Hart Lane after the Russian club lowered their asking price of £21million.

Tottenham have offered £15.6m for Arshavin but, having banked around £20m for Robbie Keane could easily increase their offer to an acceptable level.

Arshavin has told Zenit that he wants to leave and the Russian club's president Alexander Dyukov is due to meet with the player's agent, Dennis Lachter, in Madrid to discuss the Russia international's future.

The 28-year-old forward has rejected an improved contract offer from Zenit and although the £50,000-a-week deal at Tottenham is not the most lucrative on offer Arshavin still wants to move to London.

Spurs boss Ramos is also set to boost his defence with the £6.8 million capture of Croatian international Corluka from Manchester City, according to The Times.

The continuing fitness concerns about captain Ledley King and the erratic form of Michael Dawson means a defender is a high priority for Tottenham.

Although Corluka played as a right-back at Eastland's last season Ramos views the versatile defender as a long term central-defensive partner for Jonathan Woodgate.

Spurs have been very busy rebuilding the side this summer under former Seville coach Ramos: England's David Bentley, Croatian star Luka Modric, PSV keeper Gomes, Barcelona's Giovanni Dos Santos and Crystal Palace starlet John Bostock have already joined the club.

If Tottenham managed to pull it through, I would really be very envious of their position. It would seem like a rather fulfilling and exciting summer for them.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Juande Ramos will continue his summer spending spree with a triple swoop for David Villa, Andrei Arshavin and Vedran Corluka, according to reports in the UK press.

However, if Spurs want to secure all three deals they will have to stump up another £60million, having already spent £40million on five players during the transfer window.

The Sun claim that Tottenham are ready to smash the British transfer record with a sensational £32million swoop for Valencia striker Villa and will fund the bid with the sale of want-away striker Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United for £30million.

Real Madrid are also interested in signing the Spanish international, who helped La Rojas win Euro 2008, but Villa's agent Jose Luis Tamargo insists his client is keen to head to the Premier League.

'David likes London and likes how Spurs play under Ramos. If they present an offer, Valencia will seriously study the subject,' Tamargo said.

If the deal goes through Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will make the striker the club's top earner with a huge £100,000-a-week deal.

Meanwhile, The Independent claim Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Arshavin is on his way to White Hart Lane after the Russian club lowered their asking price of £21million.

Tottenham have offered £15.6m for Arshavin but, having banked around £20m for Robbie Keane could easily increase their offer to an acceptable level.

Arshavin has told Zenit that he wants to leave and the Russian club's president Alexander Dyukov is due to meet with the player's agent, Dennis Lachter, in Madrid to discuss the Russia international's future.

The 28-year-old forward has rejected an improved contract offer from Zenit and although the £50,000-a-week deal at Tottenham is not the most lucrative on offer Arshavin still wants to move to London.

Spurs boss Ramos is also set to boost his defence with the £6.8 million capture of Croatian international Corluka from Manchester City, according to The Times.

The continuing fitness concerns about captain Ledley King and the erratic form of Michael Dawson means a defender is a high priority for Tottenham.

Although Corluka played as a right-back at Eastland's last season Ramos views the versatile defender as a long term central-defensive partner for Jonathan Woodgate.

Spurs have been very busy rebuilding the side this summer under former Seville coach Ramos: England's David Bentley, Croatian star Luka Modric, PSV keeper Gomes, Barcelona's Giovanni Dos Santos and Crystal Palace starlet John Bostock have already joined the club.

If Tottenham managed to pull it through, I would really be very envious of their position. It would seem like a rather fulfilling and exciting summer for them.

Envious of the sgnings? Yes. Envious of the position there in? No.

They were a top 4 team last year based on the amount of goals they scored, the problem was they conceeded too many. They haven't signed a defensive midfielder or any defenders yet so in my opinion they'll be as bad as last season.

They were a top 4 team last year based on the amount of goals they scored, the problem was they conceeded too many. They haven't signed a defensive midfielder or any defenders yet so in my opinion they'll be as bad as last season.

They did get Woodgate and Hutton in January and could get Corluka (which was what EricZ was saying ("IF Tottenham managed to pull it through")). All in all, their defence would look better than most and certainly ours. All they would really need is a good DM, but who's to say they're not in the market for one as well. Like it or not, but they certainly are showing some ambition this summer transfer window..

Guest optimistic nit

They would be better than Liverpool with those 3 signings imo and would get 4th for sure.

:lol: :lol:

They would be better than Liverpool with those 3 signings imo and would get 4th for sure.

:lol: :lol:

Naive, the top 4 won't be broken this year, Tottenham may have bought well but it takes much longer to assemble a quality team, added onto the fact they've lost Keane and probably Berbatov aswell.

They did get Woodgate and Hutton in January and could get Corluka (which was what EricZ was saying ("IF Tottenham managed to pull it through")). All in all, their defence would look better than most and certainly ours. All they would really need is a good DM, but who's to say they're not in the market for one as well. Like it or not, but they certainly are showing some ambition this summer transfer window..

Sorry but Woodgate is hardly realiable!He will be injured more often than not!Huttons not that great either,solid but nothing great!Corluka is good though.There midfield looks very lightweight and Modric and Dos Santos are still very young and never played in the premiership before.I think Modric will be good but not so sure about Dos Santos,never was that impressed with him at Barca.Also with Robbie Keane and prob Berbatov going there fairly screwed up front

Sorry but Woodgate is hardly realiable!He will be injured more often than not!Huttons not that great either,solid but nothing great!Corluka is good though.There midfield looks very lightweight and Modric and Dos Santos are still very young and never played in the premiership before.I think Modric will be good but not so sure about Dos Santos,never was that impressed with him at Barca.Also with Robbie Keane and prob Berbatov going there fairly screwed up front

Woodgate has been fairly reliable since joining Middlesbrough hasn't he? Not iron man obviously, but similar to Owen for us (we are counting very much on him to be fit as well remember). Their signings are gambles, like all signings are, but at least they cannot be accused of not aiming high. You don't need a team of wrestlers in this league; technically good footballers can be just as if not more effective as their arch rivals Arsenal have displayed for years. Also, if they lose Berbatov, do you really think they will not get a decent replacement in? There is talk of David Villa. Besides, Berbatov isn't gone yet and when he sees their ambition may well change his mind. They also still have Bent who they've paid too much for but is still a good enough striker for a team of their stature and they have plenty of players who can contribute goals from midfield (Bentley, Modric, possibly Arshavin, even Jenas (an average of 7 goals over 3 seasons, that's more than our midfield combined managed last season!)) As I said, they are probably one quality defensive midfielder away from being a top 4 team if they get these players mentioned in..

We should top Spurs bod for Corluka.

Colocinni & Corluka  :smitten:

That would be a fantastic centre back pairing. I'll be sick if Spurs get Corluka at that price, he's an excellent player. Dr. Spec (RIP) would be fuming if he heard about this.