Other clubs' transfers

Dave

How come they spent 20m on Jo if he's skint?

Maybe he was expecting his assets to be released?  Maybe all his money is being channelled to his defence legal team??  If he was asked if he wanted Jo or a good lawyer, I could hazard a guess at the answer.

Actually the Times claimed they only made a £4 million downpayment on Jo and the rest of the money is staggered over a few years.

the thing is you still have to pay it, we could buy 60 million worth of players with that, but we would have less money to spend over the years we we're paying the transfer

City have to pay it yes, but I'm sure Shiniwatra wouldn't mind if he'd done a bunk by then.  He's got much worse things on his conscience.

Blackburn have signed Santa Cruz's brother, Julio, on a three year deal and Fulham have signed a keeper called something like Zuberbuhler on a 1 year deal according to SSN.

Zuberbuhler's own goal against England in Euro 2004 was class.

Did it hit the post and come back off his head and go in? Also (and I'm pretty sure I must be remembering this wrongly) wasn't he about 36 in Euro 2004?

That's the one. Think he's 38 now. :lol:

Bolton agree fee for Big Dan. Hopefully Aidy gets some money from this one, otherwise we're fucked. Or even better, something purely fantastical would be £1.5M + Helguson which would be just  :aww:.

This transfer window is f***ing awful.

Yours look horrid atm. Captain going, signed 2 yank GK's & picked up ginger cockney.

I'm happy with the keepers, very. And Sidwell.

The problem is that we still need another 5 or 6 decent players to stand still, and it just isn't happening. We've got 2 fit defenders at the club, and one of those is Zat Knight.

And Stephen Carr is still unattached.

Fuck Barry, the sooner the fat arsed cunt gets out of the club, the better.

In fantasy football Villa's squad does look a bit worrying like, in some games they only have about 3 defenders listed.

Blackburn have signed Santa Cruz's brother, Julio, on a three year deal and Fulham have signed a keeper called something like Zuberbuhler on a 1 year deal according to SSN.

Did it hit the post and come back off his head and go in? Also (and I'm pretty sure I must be remembering this wrongly) wasn't he about 36 in Euro 2004?

I'm sure Jorg Stiel was in goal for Switzerland in Euro 2004.

Yours look horrid atm. Captain going, signed 2 yank GK's & picked up ginger cockney.

The problem is that we still need another 5 or 6 decent players to stand still, and it just isn't happening. We've got 2 fit defenders at the club, and one of those is Zat Knight.

Fuck Barry, the sooner the fat arsed cunt gets out of the club, the better.

In fantasy football Villa's squad does look a bit worrying like, in some games they only have about 3 defenders listed.

Total num defenders at club = 4.

Num CBs fit = 2

Num CBs fit and NOT Zat Knight = 1

Num CBs on way back from long term injury = 1

Num FBs at club (excluding kids) = 1

Num FBs at club who have both feet currently pointing the right way = 0

Shorey is apparently coming, which is a decent LB signing, but we need a RB and we need him NOW.

I'm sure Jorg Stiel was in goal for Switzerland in Euro 2004.

Zuberbuhler is gash like. Was awful for WBA and makes Paul Robinson look like a Chinese gymnast.

Bought 3 keepers this summer n all. Unusual move when Niemi isn't that bad.

f*** Barry, the sooner the fat arsed c*** gets out of the club, the better.

Total num defenders at club = 4.

Num CBs fit = 2

Num CBs fit and NOT Zat Knight = 1

Num CBs on way back from long term injury = 1

Num FBs at club (excluding kids) = 1

Num FBs at club who have both feet currently pointing the right way = 0

Shorey is apparently coming, which is a decent LB signing, but we need a RB and we need him NOW.

Aaron Hughes? :razz:

Radio Manchester reporting Corluka in London for a medical.

City fans on their forums not happy that Corluka + £3m might get them Lennon.

Link? To radio Manchester that is...

Posted by someone on Bluemoon.  An ITK is saying he is having a medical split over today and tomorrow with a view to signing on Friday.  City are playing Celtic tonight so he shouldn't be expected to be in the team if what is said is true.

Do Spurs know that spending money isn't actually going out of fashion?

No idea, but if we do sign Corluka for £6.8m and Hughes really does bid £10m for Lennon, Spurs' net spending for this window will be about £1m. 

Type 'Radio Manchester' into Google.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/manchester.shtml

Cheers petal.

I'm not saying I would instantly discard your news but let's say you haven't been the most reliable in the past...