Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Our starting XI would be the South Korean national team if you had your way, though.

Nah, at best there are at most five South Koreans that I think could be an asset to us long term.

He isn't one of them, but he's a proven international DM who's on a free and can come now. If the scouting "system" is any good then surely we should have had a look, especially considering that he's been sitting on his ass negotiating a contract with Monaco for the past month or so.

Our starting XI would be the South Korean national team if you had your way, though.

Nah, at best there are at most five South Koreans that I think could be an asset to us long term.

He isn't one of them, but he's a proven international DM who's on a free and can come now. If the scouting "system" is any good then surely we should have had a look, especially considering that he's been sitting on his ass negotiating a contract with Monaco for the past month or so.

What do you know of Ki Sung-Yong? I was told he's supposed to be a star by one of the many Koreans that live in my building. I've seen bits of him, but obviously I'm not watching all that much of the K-League. He is a holding player too I believe.

I'm still disappointed with one of the last Koreans who was supposed to be a world star, Park Chu Young. I've known about him for a long while, but he hasn't developed and has probaly regressed. I do watch Ligue 1 and seeing him with Monaco......well, he's just not very good.

What do you know of Ki Sung-Yong. I was told he's supposed to be a star by one of the many Koreans that live in building. I've seen bits of him, but obviously I'm not watching all that much of the K-League. He is a holding player too I believe.

I'm still disappointed with one of the last Koreans who was supposed to be a world star, Park Chu Young. I've known about him for a long while, but he hasn't developed and has probaly regressed. I do watch Ligue 1 and seeing him with Monaco......well, he's just not very good.

Ki Sung-Yong will be absolutely f***ing brilliant if he continues to progress at the same rate. He first came on the scene two years ago as a slightly one dimensional, deep-lying midfielder with fantastic distribution. Since then he's added little bits and pieces to his game every few months. Now he's something of the total package: he still has great distribution and vision but now he can bomb forward, beat his man, and get a decent shot off too. Also has a decent engine on him since he started really hitting the cardio last year. Just look at his stuff on Youtube. The kid's got class.

Think his only concern now is physicality. But he's not a small lad (187cm) and bulking up should be a relatively simple manner if he's willing to put in the time.

More than likely he'll be off to somewhere in Europe in the summer. As far as sheer talent and potential go I haven't seen a better South Korean prospect in my lifetime. Park Joo-Young was great while he lasted but I wasn't half as excited with him as I am with this guy. (Also speaks English by the way, as he grew up in Australia)

And he's still only the same age as Andy Carroll. At the very least it will be a huge disappointment if he doesn't accomplish something in Europe considering that he's already too good for the domestic league at age 19.

As for Park, he had a good skillset and the potential to be a top European striker, but just wasn't mentally strong enough to deal with the media pressure. Basically freaked out and mentally collapsed during his second year as a pro and was hit with a bad niggly injury that year as well. Hasn't been the same since. When he left for Monaco he couldn't claim to be one of the best strikers in the domestic league never mind in Europe.

Monaco fans seem to think he's alright though.

Good, that orange smug twat looks like even more of a bellend now. Bet he didn't even have a proper medical. He can't have.

Also wp Fulham for realizing that his knee was a time bomb and offloading him to the gormless sods

Good, that orange smug twat looks like even more of a bellend now. Bet he didn't even have a proper medical. He can't have.

Also wp Fulham for realizing that his knee was a time bomb and offloading him to the gormless sods

I'd fucking love it if Hull went down like, if they had any other manager i'd doth my cap and applaud their efforts but Phil Orange is a cunt amongst men.  Saying that i fully expect us not to win when we play them at the KC again.

Guest firetotheworks

Good, that orange smug t*** looks like even more of a bellend now. Bet he didn't even have a proper medical. He can't have.

I'd f***ing love it if Hull went down like, if they had any other manager i'd doth my cap and applaud their efforts but Phil Orange is a c*** amongst men.  Saying that i fully expect us not to win when we play them at the KC again.

I agree, entirely because I despise Phil Brown. The good start they had and then getting relegated will make it all the sweeter. If a flip book of his changing expression from smug to miserable came out, Id buy it.

I'd fucking love it if Hull went down like, if they had any other manager i'd doth my cap and applaud their efforts but Phil Orange is a cunt amongst men.  Saying that i fully expect us not to win when we play them at the KC again.

Why are Phil and Wes Brown both orange?  ???

Why are Phil and Wes Brown both orange?  ???

Because they use Kia-Ora as moisturizer.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Wigan sign Korean midfielder Cho

oldtype, another coup for Bruce?

He's alright. Great attitude, crazy engine, brilliant at breaking up play. Can't pass. Wouldn't have minded him here on a free.

Hopefully he'll push Cattermole out of the team so we never have to see the fucker ever again.

Bump.

Wigan sign Korean midfielder Cho

oldtype, another coup for Bruce?

He's alright. Great attitude, crazy engine, brilliant at breaking up play. Can't pass. Wouldn't have minded him here on a free.

Hopefully he'll push Cattermole out of the team so we never have to see the fucker ever again.

Would fit right in here

Guest Stephen927

what happened to appiah being on trial @ spurs in the end?

Appiah couldn't prove his fitness, then Spurs went out and signed Palacios.

Last I heard he failed a trial at some Russian club, forgot the name.

EDIT: According to Wiki..

In February Appiah underwent a trial at FC Rubin Kazan, but the Russian champions decided against signing the player because of the same fitness concerns.

what happened to appiah being on trial @ spurs in the end?

Appiah couldn't prove his fitness, then Spurs went out and signed Palacios.

Last I heard he failed a trial at some Russian club, forgot the name.

EDIT: According to Wiki..

In February Appiah underwent a trial at FC Rubin Kazan, but the Russian champions decided against signing the player because of the same fitness concerns.

wow, how fuckin unfit is he like?  and how come he hasn't signed for us if he's that unfit?

just looked at his website, he's denied that he was asking big $, and that on the 11th of feb he played for ghana scoring 1 and setting up another.

i thought we'd have at least asked him to come for a trial too, he can't be that unfit if he's playing in internationals

just looked at his website, he's denied that he was asking big $, and that on the 11th of feb he played for ghana scoring 1 and setting up another.

i thought we'd have at least asked him to come for a trial too, he can't be that unfit if he's playing in internationals

i don't think it is fitmess as much as a medical problem.