Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Notts County have sacked their manager

It's amazing how often this happens. Someone high profile (/better than the manager in place) comes in, in an advisory capacity and the manager is assured 'there will be no changes'.

Several weeks/months later, said manager is sacked. I bet Sven will end up as manager, just like Grant will probably end up as manager of Pompey.

Notts County have sacked their manager

It's amazing how often this happens. Someone high profile (/better than the manager in place) comes in, in an advisory capacity and the manager is assured 'there will be no changes'.

Several weeks/months later, said manager is sacked. I bet Sven will end up as manager, just like Grant will probably end up as manager of Pompey.

Sven Goran Eriksson has admitted that he does not know where the money currently funding Notts County is coming from.

The Swede took over as director of football at Meadow Lane in the summer after Qadbak Investments took charge of the club.

The new owners have decided to remain low-key and instead allow chief executive Peter Trembling to front the club.

The Magpies are currently under investigation by the Football League to determine whether the owners pass the fit and proper persons act and Eriksson admits that he has never met the men in charge.

"If you ask me if I met them my answer is very simple and honest I haven't," he told Sky Sports News.

"I don't know them I haven't met them I have only met the two representatives of the owners and when I signed I did some research and what the people who did tell me it was real and so far I can't say the opposite, so far everything is good.

"People ask where the money is coming from and I don't really know but the club is working, everyone has been paid there have been new players coming in so it has been good."

Not happy

Eriksson also touched on the acrimonious departure of Sol Campbell after the defender quit his five-year contract with the club after just one game.

The former England manager had hoped Campbell would give it until Christmas at least before deciding his future at the club, while Eriksson was also quick to point out that at no stage did anyone at the club promise the England international that more big-name signings would follow him to County.

"Of course I was not happy about it because I know he would have done a great job for us not only in the dressing room but he would have been a big player playing for Notts County," he added.

"I didn't really have the chance to speak to him because he went. I hoped he would give it until Christmas to give it a bit longer, a better chance.

"Of course we have spoken about players at different levels for months with the manager and chairman and new owners.

"But (did) we promise to Sol and other players that certain players will come in? Certainly not. You cannot do that in football. We have tried very hard and the club has been very good taking in seven or eight new players."

This setup is as bad as ours. Sven never having met the owners and financial backers. Crackers.  :idiot2:

Gary Waddock set to be named Wycombe manager tomorrow say Sky Sports sources. Oh dear.

Seems to be doing some job at Aldershot.

His name sounds pretty shit and boring, so I assumed it was a bad appointment. Let it be known I had no idea where he had worked, whether he was currently in work or not, what he looked like or his management style. :lol:

Gary Waddock set to be named Wycombe manager tomorrow say Sky Sports sources. Oh dear.

His name sounds pretty shit and boring, so I assumed it was a bad appointment. Let it be known I had no idea where he had worked, whether he was currently in work or not, what he looked like or his management style. :lol:

It is a shit name.

His name sounds pretty s*** and boring, so I assumed it was a bad appointment. Let it be known I had no idea where he had worked, whether he was currently in work or not, what he looked like or his management style. :lol:

It is a s*** name.

ex QPR midfielder iirc

Spanish media are reporting that Robinho has asked City to sell him to Barça during the transfer market. It is well known that he is one of Guardiola's top targets for our left wing.

Honestly, I find your posts kind of depressing. You have a problem on the wing, you go and splah a bit of cash on Robinho. Newcastle have a problem on the wing, we sell a winger and dont buy another.

For what you're likely to pay for him, I don't think Robinho would be worth the cash. He has a bad attitude, but tbh, if there is one thing that can probaly shut him up, it's playing with the best players in the world.

Spanish media are reporting that Robinho has asked City to sell him to Barça during the transfer market. It is well known that he is one of Guardiola's top targets for our left wing.

Honestly, I find your posts kind of depressing. You have a problem on the wing, you go and splah a bit of cash on Robinho. Newcastle have a problem on the wing, we sell a winger and dont buy another.

For what you're likely to pay for him, I don't think Robinho would be worth the cash. He has a bad attitude, but tbh, if there is one thing that can probaly shut him up, it's playing with the best players in the world.

Yes, his attitude bothers me, but he's quality. He won't come cheap though, it's not like City needs the money or anything.

And yes, being a fan of a big club is sort of privileged. Though if I was born to another family I could have been an Espanyol fan!  :frantic:

I'm slightly worried about our spending though. Our economy a few years ago was on the brink of collapse, and I'm not sure where all these dozens of millions we seem to spend every year are coming from all of a sudden. We have some reputed economists on our staff, so I assume they are doing it right and not overburdening the club.

Guest Heneage

If you are buying Robinho VI, are we to assume that Guardiola is not big on crossing the ball in and prefers a ground game?

Guest Heneage

If you are buying Robinho VI, are we to assume that Guardiola is not big on crossing the ball in and prefers a ground game?

Do you watch Barcelona?

Can't say I watch them regularly, but on the occassions I watched them in the champions league, they seem to pull it out wide before going narrow and using 1/2 touch football to break a team's defence.

We don't cross. Like never. Ibrahimovic gives us something in the air this season, but we mainly use aerial balls only in set pieces (Keita and Piqué shine in those) or quick breaks. Otherwise the ball is always on the floor. Our wingers don't really play wide, but more as forwards that drift to the side of the box, while our fullbacks are charged with providing the width.

We don't cross. Like never. Ibrahimovic gives us something in the air this season, but we mainly use aerial balls only in set pieces (Keita and Piqué shine in those) or quick breaks. Otherwise the ball is always on the floor. Our wingers don't really play wide, but more as forwards that drift to the side of the box, while our fullbacks are charged with providing the width.

When you do cross, Bojan misses headers from 5 yards out like in the first leg vs Chelsea last year. If I had just delivered quality like that into the box like Alves did, I would go over and kick anyone who missed the header.

Until Zlatan joined (and he isn't a good technical header of the ball, just very tall) our forward line was useless in the air. But it's been like that since long. Most of our attacking players (Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Eto'o...) have always been short. One of the good things Zlatan does is working as a target man since his ability to catch a long ball and bring it down to his feet is really uncanny.